• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

not sure how many metal fans we have here..

strange none of those shows are in the US..as far as i know, all those bands are from here. looks like fun though. i haven't listened to ignite in a long time.

What´s up with Blood4Blood?

Are they still alive?I´ve heared/read nothing from them since a long time:(

texas blues said:
I'm still trying to come up with a blues version of Motorhead's.....Ace of Spades!! WTF over? Cheers, TB.

Have you heard "Whorehouse Blues" on Inferno? Lemmy does a bonafide
acoustic blues number. Nice tune...great album.

Frank said:
What´s up with Blood4Blood?

Are they still alive?I´ve heared/read nothing from them since a long time:(

no clue...i'm in the same boat as you. last i knew, the released an album (at least one or two years ago) and that was it.

Saw Ministry and Killing Joke live in the 80's and 90's...Both were amazing...Theatre of Hate's original guitarist is Billy Duffy - they split in 1983.[/QUOTE]

lol im jelous..I love ministry

Chuk...thanks for the tip on Lemmy and "Whorehouse Blues". I'm always looking for alternative takes on the standard I-IV-V....course Bo Diddley and John Lee Hooker only needed the I.
Cheers, TB.

here we go..

Ok, here we go..
Suicidal Tendencies, Jedi Mind Tricks, Negative Approach, All the old AntiCon stuff, Discharge, Immortal Technique, Agent Orange, Atmosphere, Black Flag, Wu-Tang, Bio Hazard, Catharsis...
I like hardcore stuff in general, hip hop, punk, jazz, if its hardcore I´ll probobly like it haha

i like dream theater, pantera, immortal, enslaved, lamb of god, bodom, and iron maiden. i recently gave trivium and avenged sevenfold a shot, and a7x wasnt that good, but the guys in trivium can really play the guitar. those are just the bands i can think of off the top of my head.

edit, i forgot arch enemy. that band is really good, too bad the singer ruins it. she is hot though, but whatever. i also like opeth....

greeny said:
Children of Bodom (although their last album sucked)

whoa, are you dead yet? that cd does far from suck. its no hate crew deathroll, but damn man, its pretty good shit

Omri said:

:lol:

you mean, whats left of them? or are you referring to them before the guy injested a 12 gauge, and the bass player was stabbed like 20 times in the face? hmmm

i think those guys are real satanists (again, whats left of them), and i think most of the black metal scene is just putting on the satan act as a ploy to sell records. however, with those guys, i dunno, i think there might be more to it than just trying to sell records. hence the reason i tend to stay clear of their music.

do you like gorgoroth? :lol::lol:

hotboy79 said:
Ok, here we go..
Suicidal Tendencies, Jedi Mind Tricks, Negative Approach, All the old AntiCon stuff, Discharge, Immortal Technique, Agent Orange, Atmosphere, Black Flag, Wu-Tang, Bio Hazard, Catharsis...
I like hardcore stuff in general, hip hop, punk, jazz, if its hardcore I´ll probobly like it haha

ha, that's funny...i mostly listen to metal/hardcore/punk and was just talking to someone last night about jedi mind tricks and immortal technique. other than them, i'm into the artifacts and a little ODB.

ross - i agree on arch enemy. i like their older stuff much more..before the female vocalist. seemed more melodic i guess.

i've got a pretty cool book called lords of chaos: the bloody rise of the satanic metal underground. has quite a bit about mayhem amongst many others. goes into the whole church burning spree out there too.

xgrafcorex said:
i've got a pretty cool book called lords of chaos: the bloody rise of the satanic metal underground. has quite a bit about mayhem amongst many others. goes into the whole church burning spree out there too.

gotta wonder how much of that is real and how much is just trying to get peoples attention. of course you cant say the church burning is fake (???) but you gotta understand where im coming from. EVERYONE that makes music from norway cant be satanic, its just improbable. haha

the book goes into that stuff for quite a bit. lots of them started off with the whole satanic thing but wound up deciding it was "immature" and moved on. a lot of them then started focusing on the older pagan religions of their region. part of how the whole church burnings got going..they built christian churches over old holy pagan sites. so at least some of them, were attempting to push christianity back out of norway.

Ah, now THIS is my kind of thread. Lessee here...

Iron Maiden
Sonata Arctica (Finnish Power Metal, my favorite band)
Stratovarius (Again, Finnish Power Metal)
Nightwish
Iced Earth
Rammstein (Well, some of their songs...)
Megadeth
Metallica (Their old stuff, black album and earlier)
Black Sabbath (Again, the old)
Dream Theater (Amazing prog. metal)
Slayer
Iced Earth

And a few more that I've forgotten but like anyways =P

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned SA, Stratovarius, or Nightwish...

~Trexxen

Back