• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

NoVa's Grow Log

This is from my blog (link is in signature):

Finally! Seeds in dirt! Wooohooo! 144 peat pucks have been filled with 13 different varieties from 7 different sources, for a total of 18 different types to track (5 varieties are being planted from two sources). They were just sown, so the temps aren't back up to where they need to be yet.

IMGA0344.jpg

IMGA0349.jpg

IMGA0351.jpg

Way to take advantage of available space!

I imagine the small pots were chock full of roots when you potted up.

Best of luck to you NovaHh.

patrick said:
I imagine the small pots were chock full of roots when you potted up.

Yes, on several of them, I was very close to having major issues. The roots were circling the pots, but I could see that they would quickly be able to branch out into the new space. On others, I could have waited longer.

I should have done that SS! However, virtually all of these are superhots, with either Burkinas or Bonda ma Jacques being the least hot.

Your plants are looking awesome NoVa.:)

But, be sure to check the weather - it's supposed to get close to freezing tonight. You might want to protect those guys somehow.

Just an fyi.

DownRiver said:
Your plants are looking awesome NoVa.:)

But, be sure to check the weather - it's supposed to get close to freezing tonight. You might want to protect those guys somehow.

Just an fyi.

Yep, they spent the night in the garage. Unfortunately, I wasn't home the night before, and evidently the temp dropped pretty low. My wife didn't bring them in, so I've got a few plants that aren't looking the best.

Well, it is now easy for me to understand how frustrating it can be to grow peppers sometimes. However, the good news is that allofmy plants came back. I've got pods setting on a couple varieties, and everything's flowering. The plants definitely would have been bigger than they are now, but I'msimply happy to have a crop that's starting to produce.

Will post photos soon...

Glad to hear they are coming back for you. I hope they produce abundantly for you. Just chalk it up to learning experiences to help you for next year. I always have a few of those every year.;)

Good luck and keep us posted!
jacob

Back