contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Philosophical/Schmilisophical, Originality/Schmilinality, jalapeño corn waffles were the first thing that popped into my head as a side to go with the main course and I'm sticken to it. Go with your gut. But then again I could change my mind if I come up with some other idea before the 5th. :lol:

so if salsakid and salsalady collaborate on an entry, will each vote count as two?

Philosophical/Schmilisophical, Originality/Schmilinality, jalapeño corn waffles were the first thing that popped into my head as a side to go with the main course and I'm sticken to it. Go with your gut.

Exactly. Good to see a man with some bits steppin' up to the plate..... er, kitchen..... :lol:

drinking some Jim Beam right nao, completely hammered due to a "Irish Trash Can" that a cute Bartender chick made me, but I have so many waffle ideas its unreal

SL, he'll have to work at it but I'll bet he'll kick your ass, cause you taught him too well. :)

Thanks logchief ;)

and the idea he spouted out when I told him what was chosen is a really good one! We'll see if he actually wants to do it~

Now, what to do for mine........:think:

I've taken it all into consideration, but ultimately my avatar had the answer all along. Some people want drunk food. Some college. Some breakfast. Some cheap food. Some fruit. Some asian.
There is only one food that can encompass all of this.

Here we go!!!

THROWDOWN WAFFLES!!!!!!!!

Your entry can be homemade or store bought (Eggo or belgian). No matter.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or drunk. It's all good. Must include a waffle of some sort (crumbled or waffle cone counts).
Chicken, shrimp, strawberries, sandwich, gravy, however you interpret WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!
Start planning.
THP will come up with the final rules on judgement day.
Thanks for the suggestions. Lots of pressure! I hope this is to most peoples' liking.
Let the games begin!!

FD

This is a great one FD4, but my first veto is the pre-made waffles. This is a cooking competition and the essence is the waffle. Of course the creativity will come with what you do with the waffle, but it still must be homemade. Waffles must be made in a waffle iron (or similar) from scratch, that includes waffle cones or any other waffle shaped item (excludes waffle fries, must be a bread product).

I'm thinking cornbread jalapeno waffles with pulled pork on top. Just brainstorming. Get creative.

Hey, boss, a lot of folks do not have a waffle iron. Pre-made would give them a chance to do something. jmho

When we did the homemade sausage one people went out and bought sausage making stuff. Was an awesome one. Would you enter a sausage competition with Jimmy Dean? Step it up and leave the Eggos in the freezer. You guys have advance notice to purchase what you need, if you can't, you'll have to wait for the next one, but Eggos won't win here. These need to have some merit for them to be worthy of crowns.

dude waffle makers are expensive, especially for a good one

if you restrict it to home made, theres only going to be 4 or 5 people that are going to participate, because lets be realistic, who is going to go out and buy a waffle maker just to use for a 1 day competition for an online pepper forum, cause I sure as hell wouldnt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back