contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I can buy "pancake and waffle mix" in a box from the store for $1.25. How far off from pre-made is that? :lol:
Actually, Krusteaz makes some pretty good mix.... and it would be in the spirit of what FD4 has in mind. And after thinking about it further, what FD4 has in mind is kind of like my earlier suggestion to use some kind of product and use it in a totally different way than how it's "supposed" to be used..... leaning towards the "plain" option entirely now....

Actually, Krusteaz makes some pretty good mix.... and it would be in the spirit of what FD4 has in mind. And after thinking about it further, what FD4 has in mind is kind of like my earlier suggestion to use some kind of product and use it in a totally different way than how it's "supposed" to be used..... leaning towards the "plain" option entirely now....
Yes, this is how I saw it too. More of a challenge.

It's still "just add water" :lol:

Eggo is "just add heat"

Use Walmart generic 2 year old frozen waffles or create gold plated Beluga cavier stuffed waffles as long as it's a waffle and let the voting decide the winner. I'm a noob, has it gotten this complicated before :?: :?: :?: :?:

It's not complicated, one option will win and that will be it.

Is it me, I can't view the votes on option 2 when the link wraps on the page, never mind had to scroll way across the page

My 2c... Throwdowns imo are ALL about challenging people to come up with something new. You could go crazy on toppings, sauces etc for a store bought waffle, but as i've noticed in past throwdowns most people vote for the home made entry. And the way I see it, how creative can you really get with the limit on flavours of store bought? I know the U.S. has a wide variety of flavours but i'm pretty sure you can't buy Jerk Chicken flavoured waffles...and that's not the same as putting Jerk Chicken on top of a plain waffle.

And I have no qualms at all about adding another piece of cooking equipment to my already huge and mostly unused collection :D How many of us have bought something spur of the moment, used it once or twice and then relegated it to the back of the cupboard or closet or garden shed etc?

I say boooo to the store bought, boooo to the plain waffle and bring on the crazy waffle! :D /end rant lol

DTS I knew you would vote that way. Hmmm can you get slaw and pulled pork into a waffle? :lol:

DTS I knew you would vote that way. Hmmm can you get slaw and pulled pork into a waffle? :lol:

Well...until you opened up your BIG YAP about the pulled pork waffle 'thang, that is what I had decided on!! :rofl:

Crab, cheese, and bacon are fo' 'sho already spoken for...hmmmmph. I'm actually going to have to think about this one. :lol:

A real cast iron one $14.99:

http://www.lehmans.com/store/Kitchen___Cookware___Cast_Iron_Cookware___Round_Cast_Iron_Waffle_Iron___1100865

damn, nice rant DTS, can I change my vote??

Either way it will rock. I dont want to exclude anybody, but I agree that the homemade waffle with crazy ingreds will rock!!!

Well...until you opened up your BIG YAP about the pulled pork waffle 'thang, that is what I had decided on!! :rofl:

Crab, cheese, and bacon are fo' 'sho already spoken for...hmmmmph. I'm actually going to have to think about this one. :lol:
SALMON SALMON SALMON SALMON!

Now you're out of ideas :rofl:

I voted homemade, bring on the crazy waffles.

I'll be entering regardless of the outcome.....but I must say;

Am I the only one here that finds it a tad goofy that we're conducting a poll about the nomenclature of waffles? :crazy:

:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back