contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate? I believe the waffle pattern makes it a waffle. :lol: It's batter in a waffle iron so not sure what you mean, unless you want people to look for special irons. What are these non-traditional waffles you eat?
if I elaborate then I will show my hand in advance of the throwdown, but what is considered a "waffle" in some countrys is slightly different then others ;)

if I elaborate then I will show my hand in advance of the throwdown, but what is considered a "waffle" in some countrys is slightly different then others ;)
it was already stated to include WAFFLE CONES......

does that help?

Ooh one shouldn't shop on an empty stomach, We bought everything yummy and a bottle of Vodka to wash it down with.

Oh yeah..... guess I had forgotten.....
No hangovers = good reason to stick with whites and stay away from reds..... :beer:
Ouch this morning......

And one more thing.... Congo Trinidad on an ostrich burger = more awesomeness!

No hangovers = good reason to stick with whites and stay away from reds..... :beer:
Ouch this morning......

You mean you were drinking when you posted the following???

Get out two pieces of paper. On one of them, draw a waffle and some sweet stuff. Done? Okay, now take that picture of a waffle, fold it up real tiny-like, and put it into an empty matchbox. Got that? Good! Now take it out to your compost pile, and toss it in - it will only hurt for just a sec, I promise! Now take a big breath, go back inside, and look at that second piece of paper. It's a nice, clean, sexy sheet, just waiting for you to have your way with it and come up with something MORE AMAZING than what you just threw into the compost pile. If you have to, cut that piece of paper into a non-standard shape. Let the paper talk to you. Let it tell you what it wants on it. It may speak sweet nothings into your ear at first, but don't be fooled by those empty words - fight with it, walk away, then come back and fight with it some more. If you have to, take a different piece of paper and write down all those silly little nothings that prostitute themselves in your mind's eye - then throw them where they belong, in the compost pile with the rest of the cheap trash. And when you're through with the nonsense of that affair, go back to that clean, sexy little sheet of paper. Because when it's right, when it's really right, it will plead with words that come from its heart, and you will KNOW what needs to be there. Only this time, don't use your drawing implement - create your masterpiece in the kitchen!

Never would have guessed. I keep telling the paper to talk to me, but it wont say a damn thing.

If you plan on entering you should vote because this will be the Throwdown.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Great for me but not so great for the love handles

Oh yeah..... guess I had forgotten.....
Ouch this morning......

And one more thing.... Congo Trinidad on an ostrich burger = more awesomeness!

Drink both and enjoy both acid belly and hangover together its a real treat

I guess there is nothing like the Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles restaurants in Australia.

Not that I am aware of, I am looking forward to seeing some of the pics people put up, it seems so foreign to me to have savoury waffles but kinda cool too I am keen to try it out.

Not that I am aware of, I am looking forward to seeing some of the pics people put up, it seems so foreign to me to have savoury waffles but kinda cool too I am keen to try it out.

Me too, but chicken and waffles doesn't qualify as "savory waffles".....at least not in my opinion. It's merely really good waffles and really good fried chicken on the same plate.

A great idea.....but not hard to replicate.

Drink both and enjoy both acid belly and hangover together its a real treat
No acid belly - just hangover. I find wine tends to calm the stomach. Fatalii and Moscato or Fatalii and a good German Reisling = little corner of heaven! Sula (an Indian Chenin Blanc) and Fatalii would probably be excellent, too. No Sula available tonight, so ended up with Skouras - kind of disappointing. Still, waffles in some kind of savory white wine sauce dish could be really good.

Looks like the people want homemade. This poll has not moved since yesterday.

Me too, but chicken and waffles doesn't qualify as "savory waffles".....at least not in my opinion. It's merely really good waffles and really good fried chicken on the same plate.

A great idea.....but not hard to replicate.
Not necessarily . I have never seen it but have heard of a Pennsylvania Dutch version with gravy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back