contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
dude waffle makers are expensive, especially for a good one

if you restrict it to home made, theres only going to be 4 or 5 people that are going to participate, because lets be realistic, who is going to go out and buy a waffle maker just to use for a 1 day competition for an online pepper forum, cause I sure as hell wouldnt

Jeez Weebz, after all the rhetoric :rofl: and you voted for homemade, hey it's gonna be a good one no matter what. Let's get ready to rock and roll. I'll loan you my Le Targe 19.99 waffle iron which I'm experimenting with tomorrow, I saved the receipt just in case, cause I'm a cheap bastard and that would buy another 30 pack of

30li5tx.jpg

:dance: :dance:

hic..burp! wassat 'bout waffles...? Gaaarrrhhhh. Battered waffles beer somfin...That's right...beer. :leaves to raid fridge for 'lost count' amount of time:

Just thinking out loud, but I may go with sweet waffles. Just gotta work out how to bring da heat.

I plan on making my own, but I voted #2 anyway. I am always for letting as many people enter as possible. The final poll will make sure that the right person wins homemade or not.

Oh and Pi, I could show you PA Dutch chicken and waffles. Hmmmm guess you'll have to wait and see.

I plan on making my own, but I voted #2 anyway. I am always for letting as many people enter as possible. The final poll will make sure that the right person wins homemade or not.

Oh and Pi, I could show you PA Dutch chicken and waffles. Hmmmm guess you'll have to wait and see.
Tease!

So here's a thought, since everyone's having the sweet vs. savory discussion. Can a sweet waffle and a savory waffle really compete against each other? How about a two-waffle TD - one sweet plus one savory?

sweet or savory, they both gotta have heat. Don't think there needs to be 2 votes, or a requirement for one sweet and one savory.

How the heat gets in there will be a big part of the contest.

jmho-

The vote is so close! The poll was to get a feel, I see a lot like the challenge idea too so we could merge the two! :onfire:

How 'bout:

1. Your waffle may be:
a) homemade, plain or flavored. Your dish may either highlight the waffle (if flavored) or the main dish.
b) store bought, plain only. The challenge is to elevate this dish using a plain waffle, with the highlight being the entire dish.

Since there was some bellyaching about not using pre-made waffles this would allow them, BUT an entry using pre-made waffles with flavors will be disqualified, as you can't take credit for those flavors in your recipe if you did not make it. Plain only, so it is an ingredient in the main dish.

Is this a good compromise that everyone can deal with or stick to the poll?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back