contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look carefully at the pic Geeme you can see the cheese in the background. I assure they are slices of yellow cheddar.

If you look carefully at the pic Geeme you can see the cheese in the background. I assure they are slices of yellow cheddar.
Guess I need to get my eyes checked again - it's a bit fuzzy. All I can make out is "slices" - says that on a pack of American cheese-food too! (And who the heck decided "cheese-food" is American, anyway?!? Probably someone in PA....) Seriously though, you hunker down that slab-o'-bacon, then get dainty on the cheddar? Where's that pink tiara??? :lol: Nothin' in this world like a slab-o'-bacon with a slab-o'-cheddar!

ok on the whole meatloaf with ketchup ordeal

coming from an ethic heritage that originated Meat Loaf, ketchup is not an original condiment, yet in modern society is regarded as the most frequently used additive to Meat Loaf

BUT

traditionally it was actually served with a gravy like substance, which was made from whatever ingredients were most readily available

ok on the whole meatloaf with ketchup ordeal

coming from an ethic heritage that originated Meat Loaf, ketchup is not an original condiment, yet in modern society is regarded as the most frequently used additive to Meat Loaf

BUT

traditionally it was actually served with a gravy like substance, which was made from whatever ingredients were most readily available

Been doin' a little lite Wiki reading? :) "Meat Loaf" capitalized......

well, I'm feeling some HUGE sympathy for THP and FD4 at this point.

(this is a NOT-hypothetical situation!...)

Let's all take a step back and look at the options-

could choose "Cajun," but folks from Sweden or OZ-land don't have a true understanding of cajun cooking so entries may not be judged appropriately/appreciated....

So...let's do a BBQ TD!......ooops...the folks in South Africa and Malaysia may not be so up on the BBQ etiquestte( what is eh2feh...anyway?!?!???) ....

so now we are looking at...a pulled meat entree...but do they do pulled meats in Isreal and Brazil?!?!? (...don't they pull meats everywhere in the world ?!?!???) :?: ))

and now it's Top Ramen????(Not Going To Go THere~)

WAIT! I think they do pulled meats and they do stuff meats also....but how to choose a challenge that will appeal and work for people all around the world and in all financial states?!??? Tough call, amigos!

Just gotta remember that It's All Good, .....and give a little slack to those who are doing what they can for our entertainmnt.

Whatever the challenge will be, I'm confident FryDad4 will have given it his full consideration and care before making his declaration.

It's all for fun and if something someone does in a TD challenge makes me try that recipe/technique or they try mine.....then it's all good!

well, I'm feeling some HUGE sympathy for THP and FD4 at this point.....
Just gotta remember that It's All Good, .....and give a little slack to those who are doing what they can for our entertainment......

Nah - I think they're both manly enough to put up with all the friendly suggestions, and take them in the spirit of fun they've all been intended in.
{THP, FD4 - Am I wrong here??? Has it all been some hideous illusion? You guys need a pity party? :crazy: }
Besides, they wouldn't feel the love if they didn't get the guff! I'm pretty sure they're :rolleyes: and :rofl: every time they open this thread.

But yeah, I think we're all in agreement:
"Whatever the challenge will be, I'm confident FryDad4 will have given it his full consideration and care before making his declaration......"
:cheers:

{No, really THP - where's the freakin' kiss-up icon?!? Cat coughing up a hairball icon? Brown-nosing icon?)

Where's the feedback in these 8 pages of meatloaf and ramen waffle? :confused:

I think FD4 is building to some kind of climax or maybe even a cliff hanger. Every few days he's gonna release a small hint and keep us guessing :)
But... if in the event that FD4 has not made up his mind, then i have some killer suggestions that may tittilate his culinary imaginings :D

1. Beetroot TD
2. $1.80 TD
3. Fruit and/or veg. TD
4. North West Sudanese Millet TD
5. Vinegar TD
6. All of the above TD

Well, if FD4 truly needs to be PC about this we'll just have to do a WATER TD :cool: Then we won't leave anybody out, you can boil it. nuke it, bake it, deep fry it (oops, that might be a little problematic :hell: ).

Well, if FD4 truly needs to be PC about this we'll just have to do a WATER TD :cool: Then we won't leave anybody out, you can boil it. nuke it, bake it, deep fry it (oops, that might be a little problematic :hell: ).

Here in Texas, they deep fry beer at the state fair...so I'm sure someone could fry water...

But... if in the event that FD4 has not made up his mind, then i have some killer suggestions that may tittilate his culinary imaginings :D

1. Beetroot TD
2. $1.80 TD
3. Fruit and/or veg. TD
4. North West Sudanese Millet TD
5. Vinegar TD
6. All of the above TD

I'm sorry, DTS, you know I love you dearly, but every time I start to compose a S-A response to that, I just find myself stopping. And :shocked:. And :think:. Just spent $1.80 at the grocery store this past weekend on a whopping 4 beets, so that's 1 and 2. Well, beets count as veggies, so that's 3. I'm pretty sure I've got some rice vinegar tucked away somewhere, so that's 5. North West Sudanese Millet - I'll split my beets with Joey, and he can pay the pimply teenager to lift the millet for 4. So there you have it - Vinegared beets on North West Sundanese Millet, for number 6. Maybe the WATER TD isn't such a bad idea after all....

Here in Texas, they deep fry beer at the state fair...so I'm sure someone could fry water...
Okay, LB - it's your turn.

You're IN Texas, and you don't have that little factoid on your profile????? I haven't lived there for a while, myself, but I'm pretty sure certain mob activities are still legal there.....

You can add drops of food coloring to it. OOOOOOO, pretty!

I've been known to make major meals at 3am. How do you draw the line on that type of challenge?
Type of food you can only get at a restaurant that's open at that hour. Hmm. That included prime rib and pancakes covered with strawberries and whipped cream one year....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back