contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Type of food you can only get at a restaurant that's open at that hour. Hmm. That included prime rib and pancakes covered with strawberries and whipped cream one year....
Mine were usually what I could get on my way home between work and the train or the train stop and home. Which was usually procured from a fast food place or convenience store. Not any prime rib darn it!

FD4 is lurking in the shadows looking at these posts, just watching like a cat with it's prey, getting ready to pounce :evil:

Mine were usually what I could get on my way home between work and the train or the train stop and home. Which was usually procured from a fast food place or convenience store. Not any prime rib darn it!
Yeah, that was when I still lived in Houston. There was a pretty good sized group of singles in the apartment complex, and we'd go out CW dancing about once a month, then go mob a restaurant after. You can find some pretty amazing food at any hour of the day or night in Houston, unlike here, where everything seems to close down tight by 10pm - about the only thing you'll find open in the wee hours here are IHOP and Denny's. No prime rib there, either.

I've got to stop talking about food in Houston (or even L.A.) - makes me want to jump on a plane and go right now!

Canned Creations. Such culinary delights as creamed corn, evaporated milk and Spam.
I've heard that they have hot and spicy as well as hickory varieties, them's good eats.

Yes, I'm sober.

One-up on a favorite restaurant dish.

Went to Chipotle tonight (it's the closest thing to mejican in this area!), and ordered a bol of black beans, pinto beans, fajita veggies (seasoned grilled onion and bell pepper for the unfamiliar), chicken, 3 kinds of salsa, and guac. Now that's about the best fast-food you can find anywhere, but I was still thinking it could be better, if only.....

Chipotle is not bad in a pinch, we imbibe there occasionally, but in CA there are so many great little taquirrias, can't beat simple mexican.

Chipotle is not bad in a pinch, we imbibe there occasionally, but in CA there are so many great little taquirrias, can't beat simple mexican.

Agreed - I would much prefer living in CA or TX again, just for the food. But for here? Chipotle is downright amazing.

Edit - Kind of funny thought occurred to me - I found better mexican and even asian food in the Bowling Green, KY area when I spent several months there a few years back. Had to seriously look for it, but it was found!

the 3am special----

(edit to delete dish suggestions...;) )

Are we back on Breakfast again?!?!??? or just stuff you would eat at 3am?

I would eat breakfast at 3am. Or steak. Or cold pizza. Or a massive sandwich. Mexican food is good 24/7. So is Chinese take-out.
No salad.
Hmm. It's almost 3am my time right now..... what to do? what to do?

Drunken Midnight concoctions are the way for sure and I bet Texas Blues has had a few drunken magic mixes for sure.

oooh I am gonna make a midnight Chicken Tetrazzini as this woman lost her man to this dish

I have suggested this before, but I think we should do an Asian throwdown sometime.

One more idea is a your favorite food throwdown.

I've taken it all into consideration, but ultimately my avatar had the answer all along. Some people want drunk food. Some college. Some breakfast. Some cheap food. Some fruit. Some asian.
There is only one food that can encompass all of this.

Here we go!!!

THROWDOWN WAFFLES!!!!!!!!

Your entry can be homemade or store bought (Eggo or belgian). No matter.
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or drunk. It's all good. Must include a waffle of some sort (crumbled or waffle cone counts).
Chicken, shrimp, strawberries, sandwich, gravy, however you interpret WAFFLES!!!!!!!!!!
Start planning.
THP will come up with the final rules on judgement day.
Thanks for the suggestions. Lots of pressure! I hope this is to most peoples' liking.
Let the games begin!!

FD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back