• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

video Now those are what you call a scotch bonnet!

I have 9 Scotch Bonnets for this season 5 Baker Creek seed & 4 from a perfect pepper we grew from BC seed last season. Seedling # 10 died.
The baker creek SBs were delicious & good producers. This season we will be able to judge any differences between store bought & saved seed.
Truth is the BC seed was very late in germinating so we replanted with our seeds. 😄

Eight plants are in ground & one gets to live forever, never overwintered a Scotchie before.

The girls are hard at work making Baby bonnets, looks to be a good season so far.

1719052464577.png

Last edited:
I do find the plants not very productive compared to other SB varieties, but that might also be climate related...
Same here, not many pods but they are vigorous plants. I'll plant one in the ground next year or at least a bigger pot.

Last edited:
I've watched many videos of people making jerk seasoning and most will use a mix of green and semi-ripe peppers but mainly green. Maybe they don't want the sweetness. These peppers taste awesome fully ripened btw. I tried one yesterday and it was fruity , sweet and packed a nice punch! I'm very impressed with this one at the moment and will grow again even though it didn't produce that much. I'm not a big fan of the Chinense pepper flavor usually but this one is good. I prefer these scotch bonnets over any of the Datils I've tried so far.

Back