• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Octoberfest?? TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've done Oktoberfest a bunch of times, it's always cool, and the dishes always impress. FD4, Marcie, the NWP come to mind.

I was thinking Oktoberfused. Yes... that's fusion. Traditional has been done. Let's get jiggy.

Quick def.

Oktoberfused
Your dish must retain the traditional appearance and methods/ingredients of German cuisine, and must be fused with one other cuisine.
ex:
Jerk Sauerbraten (retains the appearance of the traditional dish with fused flavors)
or
Your dish must start as any cuisine other than German, and must be fused with German cuisine (methods/ingredients).
ex: German Gumbo (has the appearance of Cajun cuisine with German sausage/flavors served over spaetzle).

In both cases the German must be evident (appearance, or flavor).

Oh boy the questions started already :lol:

I'd leave the fusion up to you guys!

Yah - Scovie just warned me of that!!!!

I was only joking around!

No worries - I'll just keep my fusions to myself!!!! :D

'nother joke......

This is the perfect opportunity for TB to fuse the hippy food he's been eating.

Soyuerbraten

:rofl:

I got an ideer percolating~~~~~

Deutschen Fusion, das liebe ich. Was jetzt die Str. ...

Oh Shit, ich hatte nur eine Epiphanie, wo habe ich die ...

Oh ja, Marcie's nicht Pregers, dass die Texaner für Schwangere, nicht mehr. Oder wird sie Marcie aus.

:Runsfordoorandoutbeforeithitmeinthea$$:

:BOLD

Wiedersehen Y'all

Oh wow. That's a mouthful, RM.

Might need me ein bier or Fünfzig to understand what that says!

Roll with German Fusion! That's gonna be fun!

I was really wanting to get in on this months throwdown. I still may. But seeing I don't know jack shyte about germans and their cookin, this shall be interesting to say the least :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back