beer Official Brewdown Thread!!!

Let's all put forth a list of beers we'd be interested in doing, and see if there's some common one's ...

1) New England IPA
2) RIS
3) DIPA
4) Milk Stout
5) Porter (I'd probably do a Coffee version)
6) Saison (Spiced?)
7) Wee Heavy
8) Lager (Mexican or Vienna)
9) Brown Ale
10) a 'Bock' of sorts

12994577_10208532207959636_7612603711306088447_n.jpg

A fruit Kolsch sounds great. I was wanting to do lighter pineapple beer.
We could even do a SRM level and do any style within it, assuming everyone has a program or app to tell them what they're assumed SRM would be.

wheebz said:
well then a kolsch is perfect for you

you can drink it all the time

i list 10x beers i'm interested in brewing and you come up w/ another one ...

i know the kind of person that would do that from every time i brush my teeth ...

on the plus side, i have that aging S. arlingtonesis from Bootleg Bio and you can have fun trying to get yourself a big batch of it if i win ...
tctenten said:
But to help Grant overcome his beergunphobia .....New England Ipa

he makes it so easy to not confront my gravest fear, lol ...

You listed a mexican lager

someone else listed a summer beer

kolsch is a summer beer that is kind of a lager

i compromised

i dont want to have a full on lager/bock/whatever for a 2nd brewdown. Too difficult for people that dont have temp control for now.

it's all good ...

i always join the discussion of the TD's and only rarely have actually entered ... which, sounds a lot like someone else in this conversation =)

i've never had a Kolsch, but i have seen where you like using 05 for them, so i don't have to deal w/ not having yeast (or a LHBS) and that it's now hard to order in yeast for me for a while ...

it's not the momentum beer i was looking for to get myself back on track with brewing, but i'll probably have already done that and i assume it'll be okay by the time it matters ...

it'll be my Red-Eye and a riff on your stout to get back in the groove - there's no question about that ;)

if you wanna get back in the groove, lets do a New England IPA

curious to see how you guys pull that one off

high carbonate, high chloride, hazy, insane hops, exclusive yeast strain to the area

could be pretty fun actually

That one I'm def interested in ...

Khris from Green Bench posted up an 50/50 oat/pils session ipa with mosaic & amarillo this afternoon ...

Back