beer Official Brewdown Thread!!!

wheebz said:
found an old pic of Schneider Brewing. This was an entire room full of Aventinus open fermenters

IMG_0611.jpg
I could dive into that.  Awesome pic.

Dang, that is a lot of Krausen. I've seen pictures of the concrete vats that Samuel Smith open ferments in and they look like they're about the same.

Wheebz can we do a Kolsch for the next one? I think RM mentioned it and I have been wanting to brew one, but have had it on hold to do the previous BD's. I know Grant dorsn't consider it a beer, but I think it could be a nice beer to have in the keg for the start of summer.

One of the most underrated beers, a well balanced kolsch is one of my favourite summer beers.
wheebz said:
they top crop and then repitch every 3 days
. What is the benefit of doing this? I mean it obviously works as the beer is phenomenal, but I don't understand the benefit, unless a single pitch won't get their desired final gravity?

no, like they add yeast to a beer, and three days later then top crop that yeast, and add it to a new beer, and then three days later they top crop that new beer, and add it to yet another new beer

not repitch the same beer every 3 days

wheebz said:
no, like they add yeast to a beer, and three days later then top crop that yeast, and add it to a new beer, and then three days later they top crop that new beer, and add it to yet another new beer

not repitch the same beer every 3 days
Thanks, that makes sense
Double batch of belgian pale ale... Yes it is just a pic of 2 fermenters, but it is what's inside that counts! 

Attachments

• IMG_1169.JPG
    IMG_1169.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 52
Hey Wheebz

Any chance you can start the June BD memorial day weekend? Memorial day is May 30th and most of us will have long weekends to fit in a brew.

Just a thought to help a brother out?

And you gotta get Ozzy some bling for his crown....maybe Pooks will hook it up.

Mark my words - I will never want fifteen gallons of a single beer.

Split down and turned into three different five's, maybe ...

Maybe ... doubtful, but maybe ...

RM - you end up sharing a bunch with F&F though, yes? ... I could imagine it for that reason, I guess ...

Back