beer Official Brewdown Thread!!!

It's hard to drink more than 2 cornys of a single style before you want something else.  I must admit I have been supplementing my oatmeal stout with a few shop boughts... But a fresh belgian pale ale I can easily smash through 2 kegs before looking elsewhere.  

I have a 20 gallon pot for my double batches, I like space and dislike boilovers.  I could squeeze a low abv triple, but why the truck would I do that. 15g is good, 20g is better to my mind.  But, I use my 10g most of the time as I like to drink a range of different beers.  

Well, looks like I'm going to be out of brew downs and limited on even brewing for at least the next year. Had to take the car in for a problem that I thought was covered under the warranty and a couple of months ago it would have been. Now though it's going to run me $6,583.00 as they have order a long block as part of the repair. So.....

I'll be following along though and talking smack at the rest of you

RocketMan said:
Well, looks like I'm going to be out of brew downs and limited on even brewing for at least the next year. Had to take the car in for a problem that I thought was covered under the warranty and a couple of months ago it would have been. Now though it's going to run me $6,583.00 as they have order a long block as part of the repair. So.....

I'll be following along though and talking smack at the rest of you

Sorry to hear man!  

That suuuuuucks. But, I happens to have excess hops and yeast and willingness to donate you hosted static site (that'll accept Stripe payments) if you want to sell some sauce. But fffuuuuu that's a lot of sauce man, sorry.

I think I'd grab a poncho and Cycle Trader, lol ...

So, went down to pick it up and I get the real story. First off I really don't like Chrysler maintenance. Seems like they go out and find the nicest people to be sales people and the biggest jerks they can find to be Service managers. Well it seems the repair is still under warranty but they wont do it under warranty because they say I don't change my oil often enough and there is a build up of sludge and the service manager is the one who gets to decide if something gets done under warranty or not. I have never been one to change the oil every 3 months. Had a motor sergeant tell us once that it depends on how the vehicle is driven and under what conditions that determine how often the oil should be changed and that once every 6 months was good and that's what I've always followed and have never had an oil related issue with a car I owned. Car's only 3 years old and less than 60k miles how much could build up in that time, not much I'd think. Personally I think it may be the oil I've been using. This is the first car I've ever used Quaker State in, normally I use Pennzoil. Shoot if I'd known there was sludge building up I'd have run some Seafoam or other engine cleaner through it. Anyways we have a car care ministry here and I talked to the leader. He recommended a great local shop and I'm waiting for a quote from them to do the work, $2,631.52. Shoot, even the shop owner was blown away by how much they wanted to fix it.

RocketMan said:
So, went down to pick it up and I get the real story. First off I really don't like Chrysler maintenance. Seems like they go out and find the nicest people to be sales people and the biggest jerks they can find to be Service managers. Well it seems the repair is still under warranty but they wont do it under warranty because they say I don't change my oil often enough and there is a build up of sludge and the service manager is the one who gets to decide if something gets done under warranty or not. I have never been one to change the oil every 3 months. Had a motor sergeant tell us once that it depends on how the vehicle is driven and under what conditions that determine how often the oil should be changed and that once every 6 months was good and that's what I've always followed and have never had an oil related issue with a car I owned. Car's only 3 years old and less than 60k miles how much could build up in that time, not much I'd think. Personally I think it may be the oil I've been using. This is the first car I've ever used Quaker State in, normally I use Pennzoil. Shoot if I'd known there was sludge building up I'd have run some Seafoam or other engine cleaner through it. Anyways we have a car care ministry here and I talked to the leader. He recommended a great local shop and I'm waiting for a quote from them to do the work, $2,631.52. Shoot, even the shop owner was blown away by how much they wanted to fix it.

Call 1-800-Chr-ysler or whatever ... guarantee they will solve the problem of the manager ...

But, sounds like you've received a more reasonable quote now, regardless :CHEERS:

RocketMan said:

Much better quote, but still sorry to hear man.  Cars can be a bitch sometimes.

grantmichaels said:

Call 1-800-Chr-ysler or whatever ... guarantee they will solve the problem of the manager ...

But, sounds like you've received a more reasonable quote now, regardless :CHEERS:
Yeah, I would make a phone call for sure. That sounds pretty shady to me.

I called the 800 number for Volkswagen once, and they were great ...

They had a regional manager for Central Florida call me ...

He told me to call the manager OF SALES and let that person know I'd called the 800 number, and would be working with the him (regional cust svc manager) ...

He said to go to the dealership to pick-up a rental in an hour (they have on-site Enterprise), and that he'd be in our area in two days and if I didn't mind driving the rental - for free - he'd look into things for me in person ...

To date, they couldn't be nicer to me ... whatever he did, and whatever notes they left in their computer for my account since, has *EVERY* employee acting as sweet as can be, and it's been years now ...

After I got my car back, the regional dude followed up, and in that call he let me know how it works ... they want their 5 star rating within the brand, and if they get customer service complains, it counts against their ability to advertise with that rating ... that's why you call the Sales Manager, when the Service Manager isn't TCB ...

:CHEERS:

Good call. I had a problem once and called the guy I bought the car from and told him his service department is going to screw over return customers. I got a call back pretty quick.

Back