beer Official Brewdown Thread!!!

Ya know we've been pretty loyal Chrysler customers for well over 2 decades and if it was a matter of it being one dealership with a lousy service manager it would be one thing. But when every service department over that time across this country that I've had to deal with has been that way, I'm just done with Chrysler. Never had to deal with it from Chevy or Ford or Toyota, all were really nice people who wanted to help get your vehicle fixed and back on the road and I'm done stressing over this issue.

Nope, not going to deal with them any more. They've lost a loyal customer. I can clean out the engine with 2 cans of Seafoam and 2 oil changes and get the job done for less than half that amount and none of the stress. So I'm done and on to better things.

Wheebz since we found out that beer is the meaning of life, can you write up the next brew down during the week? Memorial Day weekend is next weekend and I would like to brew one of the days, but not sure what my BBQ schedule will be.

wheebz said:
Grant was right about you.

Ordered from Love2Brew earlier today. I just got an email that my grain order was shipped. Clearly they are not as busy as Northern brewers, but I will probably receive this order before Northern would have even processed it.

tctenten said:
Grant was right about you.

Ordered from Love2Brew earlier today. I just got an email that my grain order was shipped. Clearly they are not as busy as Northern brewers, but I will probably receive this order before Northern would have even processed it.

Totally. I ordered from txbrewing.com and heartshomebrew.com and yakimavalleyhops.com in the past couple of days ...

I hate ordering from Northern Brewer, Midwest, and even MoreBeer TBH ...

I hope Kolsch. That is what I ordered for. I think the NEIPA follows.
grantmichaels said:
Kolsch, then NEIPA, *I guess* ...

1010 wants a Kolsch for floating in the pool with ...

I am afraid he might put an umbrella in his sippy cup ...
Yes. I ordered enough grains to do a double batch. I want this bad boy in the keg for the summer.

tctenten said:
Yes. I ordered enough grains to do a double batch. I want this bad boy in the keg for the summer.

If you drink it off plastic, I will be forced to disavow you for all eternity ...
wheebz said:
Russian Imperial Stout it is!!!

Hard to turn one in the time allotted, but I guess doing so could be just one more layer to the challenge ...

I'll try to make something out of my usual for that one, Old Rasputin ...

grantmichaels said:
If you drink it off plastic, I will be forced to disavow you for all eternity ...

Hard to turn one in the time allotted, but I guess doing so could be just one more layer to the challenge ...

I'll try to make something out of my usual for that one, Old Rasputin ...
Red solo cups all the way.
grantmichaels said:
We can't actually brew Kolsch's ...

So I guess it's a Kolsch-like BrewDown, really ...

Just sayin' ...
Why? The yeasts? Just US-05 it.

tctenten said:

I can't even ...
tctenten said:

A Kolsch is made in Cologne, just like a Lambic is made in the Pajottenland region near Brussels ...
PS - I bought Kolsch yeast ... we'll see if it's exploded in the package, though, as it's going to have been in transit 4x days ... I doubt it's going to appreciate the temps from it's journey, in looking at what it wants to ferment at to be happy ...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Will be cracking a few open tomorrow, while smoking some ribs.

They're clean, crisp and somewhat dry, a little bit sulfuric, no esters, not sweet or pilsner-like, limited to no hop prominence, and golden in color (basically) - right? ...

Back