• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Okay I admit it...

Add enough steak, fries and cheese and it hides the rabbit food.
These are pretty common in southwestern PA, my local pizza joints would deliver them to the house.

I admit I like some salads. After all you can put beef strips in it like a thai beef salad. Or bacon can go in any salad. Or prosciutto, lovely with pasta, artichokes, sundried tomatoes, olives, fetta cheese and a bit of chilli.
Agree with lettuce being a bit of a drag, spinach is way better, but cos lettuce is a cheap option and growing that can be a poor substitute for any leafy greens required in stirfries and curries.

Damn you guys are making me hungry even with salads. Today is a drinking day for me. I try not to drink on the days I'm eating and vice verso. Doing both makes me fat. Not eating when it's a drinking day make me drunk quicker. Today no food, but 1/2 bottle of scotch and I felt like a change, so almost 1/4 bottle of bourbon so far.
Other days I'll eat ( got to limit calories), but then I'm sober and not interested in sitting in front of a PC reading/posting on forums.That's the reason why I'll never post on DC, I don't eat when I'm drinking, if I did I'd be a huge fatty.
Went to bed early last night (10.30pm), seemed to wake up every 2 hrs anyway, slept too lightly, so had a shit sleep. Still, now I know the difference between waking up tired, and waking up tired and hung over. Ended up not much difference really, so tonight here I am, getting wasted and talking about salads because I haven't eaten anything. YAY

OK I admit it, we had a Spinach salad two nights ago, and it had Black Olives, Pickled Beets, Marinated Artichoke Hearts, Peppercini's, Chopped Asparagus, Green Onions, and of course, hard boiled eggs. All topped with a Balsamic Vinaigrette.

It was an accompaniment to a big 'ol slab of baked Ham, and Yukon Gold Scalloped potatoes.

There are no pics. But I would rather keep my anonimty here in the "Okay I admit..." thread anyway.

Ok I admit it, I am never eating 50 chicken McNuggets again. My poop smelled like McNuggets this morning. Phew.

Ok I admit it, I am never eating 50 chicken McNuggets again. My poop smelled like McNuggets this morning. Phew.

TMI, JayT, TMI! Save it for the Tales from the Loo thread. :lol:

Working full-time and taking 3 classes frequently means we take short cuts when cooking during the week. I made taco salads this past weekend, for the meat used McCormick's taco seasoning, then of course added more of my own. Admit it - you probably do the same from time to time! LOL At any rate, I had leftover taco meat, black beans and chopped tomatoe from the salads. I also had some leftover rice from another meal - took a chuck roast, slathered it in mexican-style seasonings, and roasted it in broth with a wad of jalapenos and a couple other peppers, plus onion. When I put the rice away, I poured some of the broth the meat and veggies had cooked in on it.

Lunch today was a combo then, of the brothed rice, taco meat, black beans, and chopped tomatoe. Actually quite tasty. Think I'll do it again tomorrow.

G, ain't no shame in eatin' leftovers. mrs. blues is THE WORST about eating leftovers. She just won't do it. I don't mind it at all. If it was good the first time, more often than not its better the second or even third go round. Leftovers just get better still when served up on a tore tillah.

Agreed! Pot o' chili, for example, is absolutely BEST a few days later, after everything's been able to sit and meld a while. It was more the McCormick's I was referring to.... just can't get away from using some of those pre-packed conveniences, though I almost always add to them - sometimes I wonder why I start with them!

After the last two weeks of goin's on down your way, I think it would be very scary indeed to see the list of thang's that you will admit to.

SL recently mentioned that she was disappointing when eating at Applebee's. i responded with a comment that I would rather eat missylou's dog treats.

I have. Tried a dog biscuit once. Tried Canine Carry Out's bacon flavored treats. TWICE.

Don't act like y'all haven't wanted to try some.

True story.

Back