• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Ol ' Man Stillmanz and TheRainbow Takeaway

Its actually a little empty at the moment...lol
the wife imports lots of Indonesian and Indian stuff. wood carved elephants etc We actually sell lots and lots of sarongs and those light cloths and bits and peices bizarre really.

DT we are selling alot more swordfish than I thought we would which is great. Its quick clean and easy to cook and looks pretty cool.

QS there is a droop in the overhang....apparently its safe lol

We sell a can of coke for $2 Australian but service stations may charge Up to $2.60.
I think the Australian dollars sitting in the high 80s in the exchage rates at the moment.

stillmanz said:
We sell a can of coke for $2 Australian but service stations may charge Up to $2.60.
I think the Australian dollars sitting in the high 80s in the exchage rates at the moment.

what is US dollars equivlent to 2.00 Austr

Looks like the place to be! Maybe someday. The beer battered fish is making me extremely hungry.

The current exchange rate is $1US = $.83AUS

DickT said:
what is US dollars equivlent to 2.00 Austr

You gotta realise that food is a lot more expensive in many countries outside of the USA... in Japan that $14.50 swordfish would be an absolute steal...

heck I come down to Seattle area and am shocked at the cost of a nice meal, so cheap then here..

i so can't wait, less thn a month and ill be there whoooooooooooo Hoooooooooooo (havent told wife yet, as can only handle a week of nonstop whining on any subject)

im not gonna eat for a weeek before, so can try everything lol

i see Nag Champa insence too on counter ? stocks low here so ill grab someof that tooo

:)

great pictures & the food looks very tasty!
I didnt know you also sold fresh seafood, thats cool.

if I ever went to australia, but doubt that'll ever happen :(
I'd stop in & visit, because I know I could count on some great food from a chilehead.

Because I live in Brisbane?

lol

People don't get it anyway, I got a sign out the front that says "southern style chicken"
alot of people ask if the chicken is grown in Nsw ..... I just say yes
lol

Love the shop mate....

It's good to finally put a picture to the stories....I will be in brisy early next year so i will have to hunt you down....

Me gotta try those wings....:drooling:

Southern style chicken? I'm sure the Mexicans (Victorians as NSW folk like to call em) didn't make them :P

Love the store mate! I just wish we had a decent store like that near us, don't get me wrong there are good fish/chip stores. But beyond your stock standard offerings they wouldn't have a clue.

Damn Mick why carnt you be round the corner,The beer battered snapper sounds and looks awesome and all those damn sauces on the back row..Its really unfair of you to tempt us mere mortals with such goodness..I need to go to oz again..You open all day ? :)

Back