vendor Ordering Pepper Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ordered seeds from Neil lately, and if so, how long did it take? I placed an order on the 9th and I still haven't received anything. :/ He said about a week, and it's been 12 mail days (not including Sundays and holidays) since then. Maybe the mail is backed up from the holidays or something, or it got mailed late, but I'm starting to get a little nervous. I emailed him a few days and haven't gotten a reply yet, but that's understandable since he has probably busy with family and Christmas stuff.

From all accounts he's a stand-up guy though, so I'm not too worried. I'm really anxious to get started though.

I haven't ordered, but I know that someone sent me seeds from California on the 7th and they didn't arrive in Kansas until the 24th, so the post office must have been really, really busy this year.

Anyone ordered seeds from Neil lately, and if so, how long did it take? I placed an order on the 9th and I still haven't received anything. :/ He said about a week, and it's been 12 mail days (not including Sundays and holidays) since then. Maybe the mail is backed up from the holidays or something, or it got mailed late, but I'm starting to get a little nervous. I emailed him a few days and haven't gotten a reply yet, but that's understandable since he has probably busy with family and Christmas stuff.

From all accounts he's a stand-up guy though, so I'm not too worried. I'm really anxious to get started though.

I haven't ordered, but I know that someone sent me seeds from California on the 7th and they didn't arrive in Kansas until the 24th, so the post office must have been really, really busy this year.

Well, that's a bit reassuring I suppose. Coming all the way from Australia though I may be waiting a while considering that. Hopefully they'll get here soon. I have a mini-greenhouse 72 cell starter with a heating pad, a 4' 6 bulb T5 grow light on the way, and some pro-mix seed starting potting soil. I'm ready to get this started. :D

I just checked on something I ordered from amazon sent through the USPS and the delivery estimate was 7 days going only from Kentucky to Indiana, so it does appear that the USPS is really backed up right now. If it takes them a week to mail something a couple hundred miles it makes me wonder how long it's going to take to get something here from Australia though. Hopefully I won't be waiting too long. Maybe things will speed up now that Christmas is over.

Perhaps it's not the best idea to order things through the USPS at Christmas time, in the future I'll probably place my orders a bit ahead of the holidays.

I was going to place an order today but his website is prompting me for a password :(

I was going to place an order today but his website is prompting me for a password :(

That's strange, is it not even displaying the page? Nothing on the site should require any password, since you just email a list of seeds to him then pay him by paypal. Maybe you should try using a different browser or something...

Neil emailed me back yesterday btw, and it seems that the mail system is really backlogged at the moment. Hopefully the seeds are still in transit and didn't get lost or something.

I bet your order is sitting on continental US soil and is being stalled because a team of government workers are scratching their heads trying to figure out what to do and here is why:

Prohibitions
In addition to items prohibited by Dangerous and Prohibited Goods & Packaging Post Guide and ECI and EPI - Parcels Regulations, United States of America prohibits:

Alcoholic beverages
Animals and animal products
Animal or vegetable fats/oils
Arms and ammunition
Cereals
Coffee and tea
Chain letters
Cork and articles of cork
Dairy produce, birds’ eggs; natural honey
Fruit, nuts and citrus peel
Fertilizers
Furs
Inorganic and organic chemicals
Lottery tickets or related advertising
Lac, gums and resins
Mineral fuels and oils
Measuring, medical or surgical instruments
Meat and fish products
Optical, photographic, cinematographic products
Printed books, newspapers, pictures- offensive by nature
Pharmaceutical products
Preparations of meat, fish or crustaceans
Tobacco and tobacco products
Vegetables and vegetable products
Wool, animal hair
Wood and articles of wood
Wine
Wheat products.

Neil did his part, fulfilled your order and then the system took over. don't forget the airline delays in eastern US, do to weather.

Let us know when you actually receive your order, that way we can all guage how long it really takes to get a shipment from australia.

I bet your order is sitting on continental US soil and is being stalled because a team of government workers are scratching their heads trying to figure out what to do and here is why:

Neil did his part, fulfilled your order and then the system took over. don't forget the airline delays in eastern US, do to weather.

Let us know when you actually receive your order, that way we can all guage how long it really takes to get a shipment from australia.

Yeah he put them in the mail on the 9th, same day I paypal'ed him the money, so it's not his fault at all. He offered to resend Monday if I still don't have them by then. I thought about the storms out east too, there have been a bunch of canceled flights on the east coast, that may be part of it. I also ordered some seeds from peppermania about a week ago, which I think is in Texas IIRC, so I'll let everyone know on both accounts.

Update, I had an order sent from Amazon.com for a laptop charger via the USPS, it never arrived, it was returned to the sender. The reason listed was "incorrect address", despite the fact that the address is 100% correct, I receive mail at this address every freaking day, and everything sent by UPS and Fedex arrives very quickly and with no problems (2-4 days). I even checked the address at usps.com/zip4, and the address is absolutely correct. I'm thinking that this is probably why the packages aren't getting here. I'm pissed, and not sure what I can do. I guess I'll call the local USPS and tell them, but I can't do that until Monday. Freaking incompetent joke of a mailing system.

Cancel Christmas, I finally got some seeds, from pepperlover. They came pretty quickly, probably 3-5 business days, not exactly sure, and they really hooked it up. All the seed packets have probably ~20 seeds and they threw in 8 packets of extra seeds. They gave me as many free packets as ordered packets. :dance: I'm really happy with the order, can't ask for any more than that. I will definitely order from them again.

Order from Neil arrived today! Resent on the 3rd, arrived today on the 8th. Can't believe it got here that fast from halfway around the world. Hopefully peppermania seeds will be here monday or tuesday. :woohoo:

I have a friend who lives in Chicago, we send packages to and from each other a few times a year.
I would say that 5 days is average but I have waited up to 3 weeks to get a package from her.
It depends weather customs decides to take a peek inside... sometimes they take forever.

ThePepperGrowingMan, thanks for starting this thread, but can I get you to change the link to my site, Midwest Chileheads? (http://www.midwestchileheads.com) You linked directly to my store, and people are saying they can't find it in the list below, although it is there. If you could change it to my front page (referenced above), maybe folks will recognize the name. Thanks. JJK

Here is a list of the places to order seeds mentioned in this thread. Read the thread for reviews.

http://merch01.sitep...chileheads.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back