• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Oregon's Measure 91 passes, marijuana legal starting July 1st, 2015.

An individual, 21 and older,  can have 4 plants and 8 ounces at their home. Plants must be grown where they can't be seen from a public space.  Different rules for selling. And much lower taxes than Washington State.

Measure 92, requiring food labels to list if any ingredient is GMO is too close to call at this moment.

What do you mean Mr. Hill? I didn't see a prop for it, maybe it was your county?

There are some ridiculously fierce conservatives in California... especially in Kern County :(

I hope their GMO labelling passes, I was so upset when it didn't in Cali :(. Ugh.. about time to move to Oregon for GF's track career.

Only 4 plants...Go BIG or go home...FTW=  MULUMBIMBY MADNESS!!! (look up pics if not familiar with the legendary girl..seen/read reports of up to..25+ ft. tall, 10+ lb per plant- that's of course master cultivators in the perfect environments)

15+ years ago (when I last partook..) were the heydays in the online Cannabis world. Like this site with peppers, people would just send boxes of buds/seeds/clones from all over the world to each other (sure they still do, but then it was craziness!- boxes of the 'Madness' bursting-at-the-seams from Oz. to the US was on the regular..or so people reported!)

Congrats to Oregon!

hogleg said:
:high:     Cheers I'll smoke to that. Any Idea on how much you can have on person while traveling by car? I would think 8oz?

Edit:   Ok, I'm baked I should reword that.

How much can you transport by car?
1 oz in public.

Alchymystic said:
Only 4 plants...Go BIG or go home...FTW=  MULUMBIMBY MADNESS!!! (look up pics if not familiar with the legendary girl..seen/read reports of up to..25+ ft. tall, 10+ lb per plant- that's of course master cultivators in the perfect environments)

15+ years ago (when I last partook..) were the heydays in the online Cannabis world. Like this site with peppers, people would just send boxes of buds/seeds/clones from all over the world to each other (sure they still do, but then it was craziness!- boxes of the 'Madness' bursting-at-the-seams from Oz. to the US was on the regular..or so people reported!)

Congrats to Oregon!

4 plants is FAR far more than any ONE person can consume in a year.  For personal use 1 plant should cover you for a year.  But much like peppers, everyone wants to have the newest and hottest strain. I had close to 20 pepper plants this year and no possible way of consuming them all over the course of the year.  So yeah.. Go BIG or go home.  :)  

Husker21 said:

4 plants is FAR far more than any ONE person can consume in a year.  For personal use 1 plant should cover you for a year.  But much like peppers, everyone wants to have the newest and hottest strain. I had close to 20 pepper plants this year and no possible way of consuming them all over the course of the year.  So yeah.. Go BIG or go home.   :)
That really depends man. 

Jamison said:
That really depends man. 

For true. :)  I was working off the principal that 1 plant can easily produce 1 lb of finished products.  If you use a vaporizer you can consume 1 oz + or - per month.  Now if you are combusting you can easily blow through more.  :)  Or so I've heard.  But if you are cultivating plants and using all parts of the plant, oils and shatter come into play.... Or so I've heard.

Well, here in WA, I can walk into a store and buy how much, of whatever weed I want. It's exactly like most liquor laws, just don't "do it" in public. I am glad Oregon is getting on board but you're not quite there yet. How much longer for the rest of the country to wise up?!?!?
"Or so I've heard" :rofl:

Scoville DeVille said:
Well, here in WA, I can walk into a store and buy how much, of whatever weed I want. It's exactly like most liquor laws, just don't "do it" in public. I am glad Oregon is getting on board but you're not quite there yet. How much longer for the rest of the country to wise up?!?!?

Not soon enough.... 

Husker21 said:
 I was working off the principal that 1 plant can easily produce 1 lb of finished products.  
Sometimes. That depends on the strain and method of growing. I ended up with a little over 21 oz from four plants grown outdoors in 17 gallon containers.

Proud Marine Dad said:
Sometimes. That depends on the strain and method of growing. I ended up with a little over 21 oz from four plants grown outdoors in 17 gallon containers.

Good on you. :) I was trying to keep the math easy while prognosticating the yield/consumption.

Back