• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Oregon's Measure 91 passes, marijuana legal starting July 1st, 2015.

Your consumption numbers are a little off Husk. I ca... eh em.  I know a guy who can burn a half zip a day, easy.

hogleg said:
No,I will not vape with a cape. Nor do I wanna vape with a ape, Husk I am. I do not like your vape to escape. I appreciate your concern, Husk I am. But I yern to burn, It takes fire to get me higher.

Fire can get you higher but combustion will make your wallet a little lighter.  Vaping is all well and good, but there is nothing better then when Dutch Masters stroll through my 'hood.

Scoville DeVille said:
Well, here in WA, I can walk into a store and buy how much, of whatever weed I want. It's exactly like most liquor laws, just don't "do it" in public. I am glad Oregon is getting on board but you're not quite there yet. How much longer for the rest of the country to wise up?!?!?
"Or so I've heard" :rofl:
Not long.
2016 I think for most when they realise that all the reps and senators---and their staff--- can have a bowl at lunch with their martini while in DC.

"What gives? YOU can have a toke while in the capital of the country, but when you come home it's 5 to 15 if you get caught?

Technically it's not legalized. It's decriminalized.

Up until 1936 there were no laws associated with the growth, possession or distribution of marijuana.

I'm fact if you owned land you were required to grow it for the fiber (hemp).

Politics, racism and corporate greed created a trifecta of disinformation that resulted in the criminalization of marijuana. DuPont was the primary sponsor, as they'd just created the first synthetic fiber (Nylon) - and simultaneously the decorticator was invented, which would have been to hemp what the cotton gin was to cotton (taking the hand labor out of separating the fiber from the plant). Who would have paid 10x the price for nylon (along with copious amounts of toxic byproduct) when canvas was cheap, effective and sustainable?

Do the math. The American people were duped - the result is the loss of an incredibly useful plant for medicine, fiber and fuel. The roots of the hemp plant reinforce soil and maintain the ecosystem, while the hemp seed is second in nutritional value only to the soybean. It's estimated that 20-30% of songbirds that were thriving up to the 1930s have since gone extinct due to the eradication of their primary food source.

Oh yeah - and a small % of the population uses it recreationally and commits a crime against no one in the process with 0 deaths by overdose compared to the perfectly legal alcohol & tobacco that kill an estimated 500,000 annually.

History is fascinating and also depressing as hell. Nice to see the country coming to their senses. 90 years of bullshit is far too long.

/soapbox

hogleg said:
No,I will not vape with a cape. Nor do I wanna vape with a ape, Husk I am. I do not like your vape to escape. I appreciate your concern, Husk I am. But I yern to burn, It takes fire to get me higher.
A vape is more effective as fire destroys THC.

Proud Marine Dad said:

Yeaaaah, but a doob isn't being lit every other toke like a pipe or a bong.

Thank Gawd there aren't any dabbers here XD Damn spacecadets staring at walls all day.

A pretty disturbing trend.

There are at least two American companies setting up shop here, assumedly for the purpose of export. This month determines whether we can still grow medically and legally move licenses.

A few more things I've learned.

Four plants per household, not per person.

1 oz in public like Proud Marine Dad said.

If you want to grow more, you can get a growers license for $1,000+.

The four plants means no inspects etc.

Can't be sent/taken out of state.

Doesn't mean the feds won't get involved.

Yeah. The feds. Everyone was all freaked out here when it passed. The Feds are also realising the income potential and are gone from WA. It's regulated same as alcohol so unless you are growing "hooch" illegally, no one cares. And now it's already too big for the ceds to do anything about anyway. The mexican cartels are all but gone so the DEA is probably fretting their jobs. Good riddance I say!

Orekoc said:
A few more things I've learned.

Four plants per household, not per person.

1 oz in public like Proud Marine Dad said.

If you want to grow more, you can get a growers license for $1,000+.

The four plants means no inspects etc.

Can't be sent/taken out of state.

Doesn't mean the feds won't get involved.
Can you expand a little more? What does that $1000 license get for you? Just asking for "a friend" :liar:

Husker21 said:

4 plants is FAR far more than any ONE person can consume in a year.  For personal use 1 plant should cover you for a year.  But much like peppers, everyone wants to have the newest and hottest strain. I had close to 20 pepper plants this year and no possible way of consuming them all over the course of the year.  So yeah.. Go BIG or go home.   :)

Like everyone smokes the same amount.

Like every plant yields the same.
miguelovic said:

Thank Gawd there aren't any dabbers here XD Damn spacecadets staring at walls all day.

lol wut
Proud Marine Dad said:

The highest you will ever be is when a dab catches fire.
Proud Marine Dad said:
Sometimes. That depends on the strain and method of growing. I ended up with a little over 21 oz from four plants grown outdoors in 17 gallon containers.

Could also be the grower.

Plenty of people have been watching me do better in chat.

I saw a photobucket. Not yours. And I wasnt impressed with all the leaf they grew either.

hogleg said:
Your consumption numbers are a little off Husk. I ca... eh em.  I know a guy who can burn a half zip a day, easy.

Shit. You know two.

mx5inpa said:
Plenty of people have been watching me do better in chat.

I saw a photobucket. Not yours. And I wasnt impressed with all the leaf they grew either.

Shit. You know two.
Well since we did not grow the same plants from the same stock your bragging is pointless if you know anything about phenotypes and genetics.

miguelovic said:

Damnit, there's one in every crowd :P

no really, wut? i was staring at a wall and totally missed what you said
Proud Marine Dad said:
Well since we did not grow the same plants from the same stock your bragging is pointless if you know anything about phenotypes and genetics.

If I was you I'd already be making excuses too.

My first and only outdoor plant was 36 ounces all by itself. Mexican bagseed.

mx5inpa said:

no really, wut? i was staring at a wall and totally missed what you said

If I was you I'd already be making excuses too.

My first and only outdoor plant was 36 ounces all by itself. Mexican bagseed.
Your usual double talk. Get a life dude really!

Back