• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Oregon's Measure 91 passes, marijuana legal starting July 1st, 2015.

Hawaiianero said:
Can you expand a little more? What does that $1000 license get for you? Just asking for "a friend" :liar:
Hey, sorry I really can't. The license costs $1000/year plus a $250 processing fee - not sure if the fee is one time or not. What it means and the rules around it have not been set. The measure provided that to be done if it passed.

While researching this a few days ago I found a really neat table with questions and answers. I can't find it now. All I'm finding is mainly on the fact it passed. I'll keep looking.

I think I shocked some friends today when I said come July I'll have four plants.

Q: How much is an ounce of marijuana?
A: Depends on whom you ask, but the most common answer is about 28 joints. One ounce would also yield 57 modest half-gram joints.

:rofl: Oh dear.... perhaps someone needs to inform the state government of the Imperial measurement system...

OLCC collects tax imposed on marijuana producer at different rates for marijuana flowers, leaves, immature plant.

Source

Whhhaaat? I hope I misunderstand this... how do you calculate tax on leaves? As a percentage of compost sales? Clones and veg plants, by number or shoot weight....

Seems a bit early for the state government to publish anything beyond the legislation.

It sounds like the taxation methodology is similar back to how they used to asses penalties for illegal grow operations in ca

They'd weight the entirely plant - leaves, pot, soil, etc.

Insane.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
It sounds like the taxation methodology is similar back to how they used to asses penalties for illegal grow operations in ca

They'd weight the entirely plant - leaves, pot, soil, etc.

Insane.

Yup. Then they multiply that weight by about $500/oz. to calculate "street value". Then the DEA agents who made the bust get to pat themselves on the back with extra self-satisfaction.

Problem with going "commercial".

You jump through all the hoops, and still at the end of the day, it's still federally illegal.

IRS taxes you on your illegal enterprises, as it's illegal, you lose all the deductions a "legal business" would get to write off.

Some fairly profitable shops are starting to figure out it's a bad business model.

able eye said:
My first and only outdoor plant was 36 ounces all by itself. Mexican bagseed.
Yeah I had one of those plants in the ground give me almost 5 pounds one year. It took 10 months to mature. Same strain in a 5 gallon bag only gave me just under 1 pound. Another seed from the same batch in a 1 gallon bag barely gave me an ounce. Aside from the strains, (just like peppers) unless you got similar growing conditions there's just no way to compare outcomes. Besides, quality wise and time wise, the smaller afghans kicked ass on the mexican dirt weed no matter how big they got.

The way I see it, anybody that grows their own should be proud of their results no matter how much or how little the end result. Just like peppers.
Now everybody just roll it, vape it, dab it, or eat it. Whatever gets you up in the morning or down at night can't be a bad thing :high:

Hawaiianero said:
The way I see it, anybody that grows their own should be proud of their results no matter how much or how little the end result. Just like peppers.

Were you one of those kids that got a trophy every time you participated?
I'm just kidding. You're right.

Mine didnt take 10 months and it was just as potent as any strain out there though.

able eye said:

Were you one of those kids that got a trophy every time you participated?

I'm just kidding. You're right.

Mine didnt take 10 months and it was just as potent as any strain out there though.
Now that you mention it, I still didn't get my certificate of achievement for getting out of bed this morning. I'm going to have to file a complaint with the department of sensitivity about this :rolleyes:

LOL I was one of the kids who beat up the kids with trophies :shh:

Husker21 said:
So much posturing in a thread meant to celebrate all things green. Chill bros. :)
Hey, I resemble that remark!!! :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
Husker21 said:
Didn't you old guys used to call it a lid? Like a 4 finger lid? :)
I remember when it was just "this much"

Dude 1: What can I get for this much?"
Dude 2: "This much"
Dude 1: "cool"
Dude 2: "cool"
Dudes 1 and 2:  :high:

I've learned a few more things.

There is no tax growing your own plants. You can give an ounce away (not really sure how often) as well as plants. You won't be able to buy until most likely 2016, as that is when the rules on commercial licenses must be put into place.

Husker21 said:

4 plants is FAR far more than any ONE person can consume in a year.  For personal use 1 plant should cover you for a year.  But much like peppers, everyone wants to have the newest and hottest strain. I had close to 20 pepper plants this year and no possible way of consuming them all over the course of the year.  So yeah.. Go BIG or go home.   :)
Heeeeeeyyyyyy neighbor how you doinnnnnnnnn'

Back