• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

OZ Farming Thread

Can you send some of your good weather down south a few thousand kms please?

We are still struggling to reach the high teens on most days.

plants are looking great Mick...good luck this grow season...

Awsome Mick.

I made a clone of your Jerk sauce wit hte devil tongues but use 20% choc habs in it.

and a bit more spice!

Mate...... i hate to tell you....... its better!

I really have to send you a bottle to try dont i.

cheers

Crop is looking great Mick - as it should with that set-up. Will need to get some pics of my garden coming back to life. Theres a 3 foot high 7-pot thats bushing up nicely, douglah is looking nice & the trusty 'drought hab' hasn't stopped.

Currently 34 C & waiting on another dust storm ~ what fun!

stillmanz said:
I hate dust it gets on everythuing in the shop, absolute nightmare to clean up. Man it is hot today..

yeah kinda starting to enjoy the taste of the dust - goes best with beer :cheers:

You're not open Tuesday night huh? - will be passing through.

stillmanz said:
lol Jeeze thanks.. frigging home brewers. Don't tell anyone. lol

hehe sorry for the stir mate......i cant resist sometimes.

Why have you gone for Choc habs over the Orange ones. I recon Choc habs are a far better chilli but for volume of production..... well you know well how those orange habs go here in Australia.

And i take it the netting is for birds?

HOw good have you got it hey..... wander out the back of the shop and play with chilli plants when its quiet.

I love it!

cheers

Chockies do really well up here, and are a mmore consistant heat in my experience. Plus they are a heavier pod from a commercial point of view.
Sadly I don't get too many chances to go out in the chillis, thats why I have iot so automated as much as it can be.

Ok so I went round to My mate Ron Marstons farm and took some photos of his Habanero beds he's growing for me, there's two beds but these photos are of the one bed that's doing the best, not bad for mid October gonna be a long and productive Summer.
http://www.olmanstillmanz.com.au/picsandvidsDetail.php?Ron-Marston-Chilli-Patch-18
So anyone in oz interested in alot of habanero red or chocolate in the next coming months, I'm your man lol.

I'm going to try and take some pics of my plants tomorrow they have certainly put on some size and yes I got some good sized pods too.

great looking plants Stillz...when were the seeds started?

:morning bro:

Early August. I had the plants started "professionally sown" by a commercial grower got 780 plugs for 200 dollars AU. and off we went lol
Ron is a flower farmer/ retired train driver.
And now converted Chilli head or at least grower. He certainly knows how to grow

and yes good morning

Mick

I will watch for these photos the next 4-6 months. My season is winding down so I will live vicariously through you Aussies for our winter.

Your man Ron sure know how to grow some incredible looking capsicum plants, and should be up to your eyeballs in pods this year. The average plant should produce well over a lb. of pods times 780 starts, wow. Flower growers are some of the best. Great job Mick and like AJ cannot wait to see the harvest from these plants. Really the nicest starts I've ever seen, nice job Ron. Primo.:hotsauce::hotsauce:

October 19th here at the Ol' Man Stillmanz Chocolate Habanero Patch.
Things are starting to pick up lots of flowers and some pods forming, the weather has been very good albeit a little windy and dry.
The patch is looking good for so early in the season so fingers crossed there will be a few good kilos of habanero ready to go by December/ January.

DSCN3537.jpg

DSCN3538.jpg

DSCN3541.jpg

DSCN3544.jpg

and a closer look
DSCN3542.jpg

DSCN3543.jpg

Its funny all the pods so far are set very low on the plants and the above branches are coming into flower and setting tiny little pods.

I'll continue to keep you posted.
Mick

Wow, they have taken off since I last seen them. Looks like you'll be busy when they mature.

The ones I got off you have started to take off as well.

Back