• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

OZ Farming Thread

went and had a poke around in the patch today and there are some seriously big pods forming. I'd say maybe a couple kilo set and quite large with lots of flowers too.
DSCN3567.jpg

DSCN3562-1.jpg

DSCN3568.jpg

DSCN3566.jpg

and this one
DSCN3565.jpg

but this plant is the coolest.
DSCN3564.jpg

Its a cross definately a brown chinenses mother but papa may be anything? its in the patch and I'm leaving it there I hope the pods go brown at least for a little while. Very prolific plant too.

looks a bit naga to me lol that would be a nice mix. Only plant I have spotted in abut 200 weird hey?

or it could be a cayenne will have to see.

That is a great looking patch! I wonder how my wife would appreciate me converting our backyard into a chilli farm.....

dreamboat

I have to show off Nova I may never be able to grow a patch like this again lol (the weathers been so good and plants just took to the beds really well I got lucky so I'm taking lots of photos as proof lol)

great stuff mick. the ones i got from you have taken to their new home in my garden too. I was concerned early on due to the really dry conditions, but last week's rain has seen them shoot up.

Am getting early pods off last hear's orange hab plants, can't wait for the choc's.

I am getting a few pods off last years Naga's, but this years seedlings are really slow to get going for me - I think I have been overwatering, so they going to go dry for a few days now, and then I will start having a dig in the pots before watering.

dreamboat

As much as Mick thinks he's a photographer, the photos are, well, deceptive. I stopped by today for a look.

THE PLANTS ARE HUUUUUGE!

Much bigger than they look, very very healthy.

Freaking outrageously outrageous Mick! Between you and your man Ron, whom I know you ain't paying enough, you two are some hab growing machines!

These patches should be Discovery Channel documentaries on pepper growing.

Way to go Mick.

I think next photo I will get one of the kids to stand in there to give it some scale, there are some large plants out the back that get a bit more sun. But you should see the Scorpion patch at home, those things are going to be like Triffids.

Dreamboat I think less is much better as far as watering goes, unless your nutrient feeding every water. I only water these guys once a week and give them a foliar spray of triple Boast fertilizer fortnightly.

Awsome stuff mate.

I love the shot with the clothes line in the middle.

I showed that to the wife and she said not to get any ideas :)

cheers

tony05 said:
Awsome stuff mate.

I love the shot with the clothes line in the middle.

I showed that to the wife and she said not to get any ideas :)

cheers

I'll give you one:

It's a good support for the bird netting!
Get one of your own for your garden patch ;)

Great setup stillmanz. The birds really go crazy on your peppers in AU?
I have one choc hab going right now i hope they turn out half of what yoru look like. Keep up the good work!

ok here's a question for ya...is the netting just to keep birds and such out or to isolate the peppers...never really seed that around here....

Back