• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Ozzy2015 Glog

I hadn't had enough time to sit down and actually get this going but i figured better late than never.  I also want a way to document my season so if anything i can go back to reference good and bad things that happen.

I'll start with the grow list in no particular order:

Caribbean Red Hab (overwinter)
Jalapeno x Pepperoncini
Early Jalapeno
Purple Jalapeno
Carolina Reaper
Aji Pinapple
Aji Mango
Aji Limon
Chocolate Hab
Chocolate Bhut
Red Bhut
Large Red Bhut
Big Sun Hab
Unknown Brazilian
White Hab
Hot Lemon
TMS Yellow
TMS Red
Pimenta de Neyde
Douglah
Sweet Cherry
Yellow Fatallii
Yellow Scotch Bonnet
MOA Scotch Bonnet
Chocolate Scotch Bonnet
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Brazilian Starfish
SB7J
Tequila Sunrise
7 Pot Yellow
7 Pot White
7 Pot Bubblegum
Mini Bell 
Large Orange Thai
Butch T
Naga Morich
Datil Red
Fish
Orange Hab
Aleppo
Big Jim
Chocolate Trinidad Scorpion
Poblano
Purple Beauty Bell
Padron

Late Editions:
Bahemian Goat (Plant from Juanitos)
Jay's Peach (Juanitos)
Rocoto Turbo Yellow (Juanitos)
Rocoto Manzano Rojo (Juanitos)
Red Savina (Chocolatescotchbonnet)
Golden Cayenne (Chocolatescotchbonnet)
Chocolate 7Pot (Chocolatescotchbonnet)
Yellow Devil's Tongue (Chocolatescotchbonnet)

Tomatoes:
Beefsteak
Roma 
San Marzano

Herbs:
Dill
Sweet Basil
Thai Basil
Oregano
Thyme
Cilantro
Rosemary

Other Veggies:
Tomatilos
Cucumbers
Zucchini
Peas
Greenbeans
Carrots
Lettuce assortment

Also growing some various flowers for Mother's Day and for our deck.

Here's a picture of what i have going on in my basement.

as you can see I'm starting to run out of room.  I really need to cull down some of my plants but i have a lot of people around that I said I would dole out some plants.  Aside from that, there will be a local farmer's market starting up soon that I can take them to and try to sell some of them.  I really have a hard time throwing plants out.  

D3monic said:
things are looking great, nice improvement with the shower. 

Cool sounding cross. Wonder how they do pickled. Looks a lot like a regular pepperchini 
I would think well. They are thinner walled than a Jalapeño but still pretty firm.

Pulled off the first Aleppo and Aji Pineapples.

The Aleppo was really sweet. It really didn't have much heat. I'm hoping the next peoper will be a little spicer. However, I can see this being a great cooking pepper.

The pineapple were very good. The Aji Mango plants I have are loaded with pods, so I should get to compare them soon enough.
Oh and one of my MOA plants is pretty prodded up too. They are pretty small but at least they've started. They are one of the peopers I've been most excited to try out.

Glad to see some fresh pods. I have Aji Pinapple this year too. First time growing/eating them. Have MoA's as well. Mine are still growing. Late season harvest is to be expected on the Chinese in my zone.

Have a great Fourth of July.

Now go get your fusion on.

jcw10tc said:
How's the aji taste. Can you really taste the pineapple. Looking forward to when mine start to ripen.

I loved it.  Funny thing is I had a Aji Lemon at the same time.  I can say that there is a difference in the taste, but I don't have the palette to distinguish what that difference is.  I like both of them equally too.  I would say that the Limon has a little more bitterness/tartness to it possibly.  I'm curious to see what you think once you get some.

OCD Chilehead said:
Glad to see some fresh pods. I have Aji Pinapple this year too. First time growing/eating them. Have MoA's as well. Mine are still growing. Late season harvest is to be expected on the Chinese in my zone.

Have a great Fourth of July.

Now go get your fusion on.
Yeah I can't wait for this TD.  There is going to be some really good food.  The Chinese were slow to grow for me as well.  I do have 1 MOA plant that's podded up, so soon enough.  I do have some of my Chinese getting big though, just no flowers yet.  When they do flower though, they are going to be loaded.  We have just had so much rain, and its really messing with the plants.

We have had the rain here as well. I wish it would give my plants a chance to dry out. Don't want to complain to much. Im enjoying the cooler temps. 71 right now. That's better than upper 99s last week.

I was hoping to see a crown under your avatar. There's always next time. Keep making kick a$$ food and one of these times you'll get it.

OCD Chilehead said:
We have had the rain here as well. I wish it would give my plants a chance to dry out. Don't want to complain to much. Im enjoying the cooler temps. 71 right now. That's better than upper 99s last week.

I was hoping to see a crown under your avatar. There's always next time. Keep making kick a$$ food and one of these times you'll get it.
Yeah it was close. I was just excited to be that close. I have only watered the garden 1 time this season. Tomatos are starting to get spots unfortunately. I think I may cut a few new limbs and start a couple clones.

Horn worm. Need to napalm those evil little suckers.

That sucks. I've got grass hoppers and earwigs this year. The earwigs like the fresh new growth. They hang it in the tops and eat tiny holes through out. The hoppers are chewing on leaves but they like the stems of the leaves as well.

First Ghost of the season. Was supposed to be red but I'm a fan of yellow peppers anyway. Also have my first MOA. Can't wait to try them out. They don't have 4 lobes on this plant yet but I have 3 other plants to hopefully get some true phenos to save seeds.

Ozzy2001 said:
First Ghost of the season. Was supposed to be red but I'm a fan of yellow peppers anyway. Also have my first MOA. Can't wait to try them out. They don't have 4 lobes on this plant yet but I have 3 other plants to hopefully get some true phenos to save seeds.
Looking good. I'm growing MOA for the first time this year. We shall see how they come out. I'm just now getting flowers on my Chinese. Looks like you'll be swimming in pods soon.

Thanks for sharing. Hope you had a great weekend.

Chuck

Pods have really been pumping out.

This was on a pull last week. Had a similar one yesterday. I have a lot of pods halved in the freezer ready to dehydrate when I put my mind to it.
The weeds are out of control but I don't really care anymore. I give on those.

Anxious to try these SB7J. Other plant had the hut pheno. These are the UFO. Hut shape taste great and are SB heat maybe a little more. Curious if the ufo will taste the same.

Back