Ozzy's All Grain on deck

grantmichaels said:
So, what's going on w/ the funky batch? =)
I just need to order the Brett yeast. Trying to figure out what I want to brew next though, so I can order it all at once.

Put the DIPA is n 2ndary to dry hop tonight. SG at 1.012 so right in the sweet spot. Need to bottle my Oatmeal stout this week too.

Ozzy2001 said:
I just need to order the Brett yeast. Trying to figure out what I want to brew next though, so I can order it all at once.

Put the DIPA is n 2ndary to dry hop tonight. SG at 1.012 so right in the sweet spot. Need to bottle my Oatmeal stout this week too.

Sweet!

Been super busy. Going to bottle the oatmeal stout in a little while though. I'll take pics of how I setup for 1010.

DIPA needs one more week dry hop and it will be ready to bottle as well. I'm going to try and order the Brett yeast this week so I can get that beer out of my buckets.

Ozzy2001 said:
Been super busy. Going to bottle the oatmeal stout in a little while though. I'll take pics of how I setup for 1010.

DIPA needs one more week dry hop and it will be ready to bottle as well. I'm going to try and order the Brett yeast this week so I can get that beer out of my buckets.

Yes please.  Will be watching.

grantmichaels said:
I need to open up two slots before my next round ...

My official play is drinking it all, right now =)
I still can't decide what to do next. It's either gonna be a porter or brown ale. Need to weigh my existing grains and see what I can try to use up.

grantmichaels said:
Mmm ... porter!
Kind of what I'm thinking.

All done.

Here's how it's set up.

I do it over the door so any spills land on the dishwasher.

I fill them and set the cap on top until I get about 6 full. Then I cap them and set them in the box.

Tucked away in the basement.

I have a good feeling about this one. The sample from the reading is super smooth. A nice roasty finish. Can't wait until it's carbonated. The dark chocolate stout has never really came around. I can't pinpoint what I don't care for about it, but it's good enough to finish them off. But this one taste great warm and flat.

Back