Ozzy's All Grain on deck

grantmichaels said:
Today I looked at blueprints for a crazy house ...

It has $47,500 as the cost for only the PROFILING of the countertops, not including the cost of the various slabs of onyx and/or granite, or the cut-out's or installation or fabrication ...

The in-pool bar has 6cm rope edge ...

The hot tub surround is 6cm chiseled edge ...

The kitchen island is book-matched slabs of laminated onyx with a compound ogee-bullnose edge ...

The shower walls are marble ...

The main sink-top is granite, with a granite sink ...

The game room has a sick bar-top that's retro-led-lit onyx shaped like a Nike swoosh ...

The ODK has openings for 3x grills, a wine cooler, a fridge, and an electric smoker, and it - as well as the boat-house and the mother-in-law suite (which is a 3 bedroom house) have countertops made in gorgeous 2cm azul macaubus that looks like God sprinkled the slabs himself ...

The house has a room-to-room fireplace *AND* shark tank ... which is getting ledges and shelves in bioglass with fossils in it ...

So much crazy shit ...

Ohh I am so glad it is you that is working on my new house.  I know it will be done right now.

Totally.

I'd never build a 3 bedroom house on the property with a better view to the Gulf than most of the main house ... that's just ...

Well, maybe the person going into that house is the old-money ...
It basically goes like this at work ...

Old-money: every room with the same dark-colored stone - often black galaxy, absolute black, or sometimes el cheapo like uba tuba - a flat-polished edge throughout, or at least one of the "free" one's ... wanting a deal.

Nouveau riche: every room in a different color stone, with a different edge detail in each one of them, and whatever the most senseless edge is - along with a vessel sink - in the powder bath ... for show.

Did a side by side on my Imperial DIPAs.
The hops have definitely faded in the first batch. The sweetness is more pronounced and is actually very good. I love this recipe. This is definitely my best recipie to date. I absolutely love this beer.

grantmichaels said:

lol ... all your homebrew? ...
Lol hellllllll no. Just those last 2 and the big bottles I drank before it. Drinking a different one now. I'll post up in craft. It's really good.

I got a text from my wife, "You got a package from one of your pepper people". 

It seems like the best way to store the hops is to vacuum seal them and toss them into the freezer?  What are you going to do with your surplus. 

Yeah. I have them in zip locks right now which still let air in. So if you can vaccuum seal do it. O2, light, and hear degrade hops the quickest, which makes the freezer good.

If you want more let me know. I have some to a guy at work that homebrews too.
Sounds like my wife "pepper people".

Someone gave away fresh hops and I missed it? Arggg, 

I remember Scovie giving away some hops a couple years ago that grew at his house. Ok, so what are y'all planning to do with them?

Oh and family and friends have asked that I not stop brewing but bottle it for them. What could I say, you buy and I'll fly and they said no problem :)

Back