Ozzy's All Grain on deck

Here's the recipe Grant for the IPA. I think part of the dryness and taste is the yeast, which I love :)

I added the boil hops every 10 minutes. Just mixed them in a bowl and weight out, if I remember right like 15grams a shot.

Main take-away from this was the value-add of sharing beers and I thought of like a half-dozen experiments last night ...

Doing a regional water comparison by all brewing the same recipe and then sending some bottles around was the top one ...

I am dedicating my last two weekends of the month, both 4x holiday weekends, to ensure I can bottle my homebrew out of the kegs using the BeerGun and mastering the liquid transfers ...

I'd like to brew twice still this weekend, and have three batches coming through at once, but if I only brew one more time and it's just two, so be it ...

It was really fun to taste someone's homebrew, and Iook forward to tasting more, and having folks tasting mine ... thanks Ozzy!

grantmichaels said:
Main take-away from this was the value-add of sharing beers and I thought of like a half-dozen experiments last night ...

Doing a regional water comparison by all brewing the same recipe and then sending some bottles around was the top one ...

I am dedicating my last two weekends of the month, both 4x holiday weekends, to ensure I can bottle my homebrew out of the kegs using the BeerGun and mastering the liquid transfers ...

I'd like to brew twice still this weekend, and have three batches coming through at once, but if I only brew one more time and it's just two, so be it ...

It was really fun to taste someone's homebrew, and Iook forward to tasting more, and having folks tasting mine ... thanks Ozzy!

That would be interesting.  I would be up for that...but not for awhile...I am not up to speed yet.  Looking forward to see how Bumpers beer comes.

tctenten said:

That would be interesting.  I would be up for that...but not for awhile...I am not up to speed yet.  Looking forward to see how Bumpers beer comes.

Tasting someone else's beer caused me to reflect on on each of those, and then all of my own in a new way ...

I spent hours last night examining and tasting and Googling while I drank Ozzy's beers ...

One of the most insightful things I've done yet, TBH ...

I'll be working on bottling out of the kegs the last weekends of this year, for sure ...

Sadly I won't have any Red-Eye, because I drank it all these past two days ...

That was the 2nd best beer I've brewed next to Wheebz stout, but maybe this recent batch will be ready by the time it's time to bottle \m/

:cheers:

Went to the local brew shop and picked up some Citra hops. I'm going to tweak my recipe some and incorporate those in with those fresh Cascade hops I have.

Also picked up one of those carb caps so I can share some of my kegged toffee Porter with my brother-in-law. Hopefully, I'll have time to brew it Sunday. Weather will actually be decent. Although I'm just going to pull the wife's car out and brew in the garage anyway. There are 2 roof vents so I don't have to worry about the fumes and it's warm with no wind. Plus it smells great in there for a few days afterwards.

Back