Ozzy's All Grain on deck

With Octoberfest coming up I'm finally going to tackle a lager. I have a Munich Dunkel recipe ready to roll. I'll hopefully make a starter tomorrow night then brew it Saturday night. Only going to make a 3 gal batch, so I'll do this one on the stovetop. Pretty excited to do this one.

After this I also have the ingredients to rebrew my Tripel. I'm also going to rebrew the Sunday Brunch Stout or a porter to replace the near empty SBS. Other than that I still plan to brew an oatmeal cookie beer in the near future that I can brew again around Christmas to give as gifts in bomber bottles. :)

Okay new pump is ordered. While I'm at it I'm probably going to have to set up a whirlpool arm on the keggle too. I'm pretty excited about this upgrade. It takes way too long to drain out the wort after the boil when I use my keggle. I really don't want to build a stand to get it up higher for the gravity either.
After that I don't know toys I'll want next lol.

Ahhh the introduction of the pump ...

Next-level ...

Next-level solution and problem at once, I've certainly experienced both, and sometimes on the same day ...

So I'm definitely going to third time's a charm the Oatmeal Cookie Porter. Then I'm wanting to try a scotch/Irish ale. I actually had a English Bitter awhile back that intrigues me too. I had plans of doing a red IPA too but the NEIPA is going to satiate that desire I think. Not sure I'll want to do another IPA right after the NE.
I have to put these ideas out there so they'll come true :). I kind of want to do some more oak chip aging as well. Just have to figure out what style I want to drop it on.

Ozzy2001 said:
Belgian saison. Wlp 565 should be DuPont strain. Smelled wonderful. Small starter is pumping.

I thought that WLP566 made me a beer that tasted more like Saison DuPont (the beer), than the DuPont strain, but YMMV ...

Since wheebz basic recipe is a small and simple to brew beer with little hops etc, I'm going to split a batch and run 'em side-by-side this season ...

Back