Ozzy's All Grain on deck

grantmichaels said:

Each cell's a SFH ... the # on the right is the sqft of stone ...

It's intense.

And, I mean, yeah ... I just have to force myself to stand up and walk out the front door and take a walk etc ...
Yeah, it all starts to look the same if you don't take a break. Gets easy to make dumb mistakes.

Ozzy2001 said:
Yeah, it all starts to look the same if you don't take a break. Gets easy to make dumb mistakes.

I forgot to mention the other night ... that volume, on a 4 day lead time ...

Everything I get in through midnight tonight (and yeah - it's still coming in now, at 11PM), is ordered for, material received and checked, cut, fabricated, and ready on carts for pick-up for Wednesday ...

70% of our work is as the behind-the-scenes fabricator for other countertop companies, the majority of which is made up by just a few of them all ...

They template, they install ... we just fabricate ... and fab ... and fab ...

I never even see my work, anymore ...

If my mom wouldn't have had her master vanity replaced a few months ago, I hadn't seen any of my work in like 18 months ...

Hundreds of thousands of sqft of beautiful stone countertops that sell for millions of dollars and spread out to Boca Grande, The Bahamas, Miami, Naples, here (Sarasota) etc ... and I never see any of it, anymore, LOL.

I think that's why I'm loving the beer so much ... it ends up in my hand! :cheers:

Man all that talk brings back memories. When Instarted college back in 1978, I was a Pre-Architecture major. Of course no CAD back then but I loved my drafting machine! Part of my job now as a Church Administrator is care for our campus. We have 6 building on campus and several will be in need of work at any given time. Luckily I can read a blueprint like a book in face I'm going to have to design an addition to one of the buildings to add on 2 new classrooms. Hopefully the engineer will not think I've lost my mind as its been quite a number of years since I've done any of this

That would be tough Grant. Building houses is fun seeing the whole process come together in the end.

RM I think the codes and materials are the only things that have changed much honestly. Especially the codes. Illinois has one of the strictest energy codes in the country. It's been the biggest game changer in the industry.

And on a side note the oatmeal stout has slowed down a tad to a burp every 3 secs now. Should be able to put in a secondary this weekend or next week. I'm planning to do another round of the IPA Halloween weekend if time allows. It's definitely the best beer I've done so far. It's so good. My brother in law wants some too, so he threw in a few bucks to get some too.

Ozzy2001 said:
Nice. I'm doing another IPA then I'm contemplating an Imp stout.

I'm doing all big stouts until I have a handle on it ...

I need to be able to brew my preferred style, or else I have to spend too much time and money sourcing it commercially ...

I'm anxious to try this oatmeal stout I have fermenting. I want to compare it to the dark choc one.
I want to do a brown ale and a porter too. Just have to sit and figure out exactly how I want them.

Ozzy2001 said:
I'm anxious to try this oatmeal stout I have fermenting. I want to compare it to the dark choc one.
I want to do a brown ale and a porter too. Just have to sit and figure out exactly how I want them.

I like some brown ale's ... almost have to do a Newcastle, right? ...

Yeah ... that last slot of mine this round of freezer ... will either be a porter, or a second take at the Darkness Everybody ..

I have a side goal of being able to trade some bottles in time for the holiday's ;) ...
Ozzy2001 said:
Probably more of a Moose Drool.

I haven't had, but there's a Can You Brew It on that one over at The Brewing Network ;)

Guaranteed worth the listen before you do it.

Ozzy2001 said:
grantmichaels said:

I like some brown ale's ... almost have to do a Newcastle, right? ...

Yeah ... that last slot of mine this round of freezer ... will either be a porter, or a second take at the Darkness Everybody ..
I have a really good recipe for an English Brown Ale. Wheebz has had it, well the Partial version not the AG

Some of those episodes are awesome. I'm trying to think which show was w/ the dude from Ballast Point ... that was a great podcast ... all of the Bamforth one's are good, too ...

I thought these three were the best of the Sour Hour ... I like that show, listened to them all ...

http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/the-sour-hour-episode-11/
http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/the-sour-hour-episode-9/
http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/the-sour-hour-episode-2/

I highly recommend them, they are episodes w/ Lauren Salazar from New Belgium, the dude from Cantillon, and finally the one w/ Rudi from Rodenbach ...

I liked them, anyways ...

Ozzy2001 said:
I'm listening to the Turbodog can you brew it right now.  I really like Abita's beers.

I'll check those other ones out too though.

I've listened to every single show on their entire network except for The Session (which has a much, much lower amount of technical knowledge) shows ...

I listen to it while I work ... and, I'm always working ... shit, I'm working now ...

But I'm also rockin' this beer ... just nitro'd the rest (2/3) of the MZ stout ...

Pics later, though, gotta wrap up this last job and squeeze in a couple of shows (Blacklist and Scandal) with Danielle, before I come back for another 3-4 hrs of work overnight.

Then, though ... brew day is free and clear ... I just have to rest, and then wake-up and brew ... kind of an extended brew day, I have to do some cleaning/sanitizing first, to brew ;)

Back