• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

P. Dreadie's 2010 pepper list

I'm not sure what you have but it looks suspicious where the stem joins with the pepper. Annuums are usualy bigger like this
26893468275f2f63a5dbeh8.jpg

Chinenses usually have small bases.
The top I believe are annuums and the bottom chinenses although these both came from the same seed pack :(
2934739111_6601c948cb.jpg

Or it could be an intra-species mix

Check out the pics in this thread, most of Chris' pics are chinenses
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/5370-scotch-bonnets-squash-mushroomjamaican-hot-etc/page__p__86366

POTAWIE .... I see what you mean by the thicker stems. I looked at the link you gave and looked back at Congo's and others I grew last year. Most of my stock came from CCN. Of course they list them as chinense . Some of the seeds I got from Scoville. He thought they where chinense too.

Am I right that Annuums will only grow for one season? If I am right then trying to over winter one of my bonnets should tell me if it's an Annuum or Chinese ... right ?

Thanks,
P. Dreadie

can't believe I missed this thread PD...I have just read all 4 pages...great progress...your season looks like it is going well for you from the way your plants look...

I should have read this and warned you about those frames...this happened to me during our "record" snow fall this past February...

021210e001.jpg

AJ those type of frames suck !!! eh .... ? Sometimes we just have to learn stuff the hard way. It looks like you didn't have much going on so that was good. I had plants under my fail.

Things are doing much better now. My season wasn't fun at first and several times along the way.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Here's a shot of my Bonnet bed showing the ditch for the footing of a cold frame. Still have another ditch to dig for the other , smaller cold frame. I hope to start pouring the footings ..... ok maybe just one of them on Monday. The plants in the raised bed are looking good now.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

FootingA.jpg

I'm closer ..... Got my ditches dug, got the forms set on the larger area. Re-bar's in .... got laborers to help drive the wheel barrows for me .. even if they freaked about the guy across the street ..... now I need a clear day that I might not get rain when I'm half done

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Forms.jpg

As a designer, I just wanted to say (again) that those beds are very aesthetically pleasing. The look of unfinished wood is kind of a pet peeve of mine, and this is a very very nice alternative to that. Whenever I have my own property, I will probably end up having beds that look just like that.

It looks as if you'll have a structure that will withstand anything short of a tornado when you're finished. Nice work.

Good luck with keeping the hired help calm with that vehicle across the road. :lol:

You made me lol for realz with the Border Popo. This project is looking really good and hoping it will be completed soon, I am getting anxious.

Thanks charlesNYC .... simple gray ....

Silver_Surfer ....... that's my hope. No more hail damage or sunburn.

Glad you guy's saw the humor with the Border Popo...

Didn't get to pour and it rained all night so I know my ditches are full of water. More that likely no mud will be poured today either.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

I got my foundation done at last. One more that's smaller to go. Here's a picture of some mixed peppers I just picked.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

Scotch Bonnets across the top. St. Barts and 7 pods from Fatalli seeds on the bottom.

Mixedpeppers.jpg

Founddone.jpg

Good work there; very nice peppers too. Thanks for the heads-up on the Mushroom peppers, I was almost considering those for next year.

Back