contest Pasta Throwdown BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to trade my post for another one, it'd be Mojo's Grilled Shrimp Diablo. I saw that and almost started licking the monitor! Mel's Frutti de Mare is right there also, but I have a weakness for cream sauces. SalsaKid wanted me to do an Alfredo-type dish, but I'd already committed to only using what I had on hand, so baked ziti with marinara it was!

But I'm still the only one with Homemade Pasta!:woohoo:

:keeping one eye on the door watching for DeathToSnail's post:

Appreciate your concern Mojo but sauteéd "Final 4" medley was just about perfect. I was jumping around doing my dance the last few bites but finished my plate just like Adam Richman from Man v. Food but this time man won! Food without spice is just bland.;)

hehe yeah I guess sauteed would make the difference, I just took one looked at them freshly chopped and could feel the pain lol . yeah I had a bunch of different peppers (had to scrounge some up was out of the good stuff) but I ended up only putting about 5 in the dish + the defcon, I do have to say that the defcon 1 made the sauce, it was the first time I used it in a cream/alfredo style sauce and the flavors came together perfectly, I gotta tip my hat to Creator for another excellent use for his sauce. :D

OK, time for my first throwdown. hope i'm eligible for it, with my low post count, anyway, i will let you guys look at it.
Spicy Carbonara and Garlic Prawns
Teaser:
SDC10090.jpg

Final:
SDC10092.jpg

Ingredients:
Fettuccine
Green prawns
Eggs
Olive oil
Parsley
Mushroom
Thai hot chilli
Fatalii or Bonda ma Jacques chilli (not sure which one :S)
Thickened cream
St Agnes Brandy (wasn't drinking it, just cooking with it.)
Mozzarella cheese
Bacon
Garlic
Salt and Pepper
$0.25
:) hope you like

But i suppose spicy carbonara and garlic prawns is good enough a name? or should i give it a proper name like Eddie?

all if the entries look great and this throwdown will be a hard one to choose the winner of...

mornin' Gas...no entry for me this time...am busy selling pepper plants at Weatherford First Monday (huge flea/farmers market)...

good luck all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back