contest Pasta Throwdown BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
pileiton said:
D*mn, wish I had a camera. My puttanesca would WIN!
Hairy anchovies freak me out, like eating upper lips.

Both those dishes look fantastic. I am not a mussel lover though, have tried them in the past but there is just something that rubs me the wrong way with them.

Edit: Shite i posted a page early, "both dishes" were mels's and gases)

DTS are you bringing it with dessert pasta? Frangelico!

PerkoXxX said:
What would you guys think of a spicy linguine Carbonara with garlic prawns and mushrooms?

I wouldn't make carbonara with mushrooms or shrimp. Shrimp and fungi for that matter don't really compliment each other in my opinion.
But by all means, do what you like and enjoy. Get your kitchen on!

PerkoXxX said:
What would you guys think of a spicy linguine Carbonara with garlic prawns and mushrooms?
Use the pancetta (or bacon) to wrap those prawns in! Use some superhot powder in the carbonara sauce. No mushrooms needed.

thehotpepper.com said:
Use the pancetta (or bacon) to wrap those prawns in! Use some superhot powder in the carbonara sauce. No mushrooms needed.

If I was going to wrap the shrimp for something like this, I'd also include a sliver of a superhot between the prawn and the bacon. Actually, I'd probably use prosciutto...

NoVa Hothead said:
If I was going to wrap the shrimp for something like this, I'd also include a sliver of a superhot between the prawn and the bacon. Actually, I'd probably use prosciutto...
Boooo prosciutto should never be cooked, that ruins it (in my opinion). Pancetta or bacon here.

mushroom snobs. Mushrooms and shrimp in a creamy type of alfredo sauce works just fine. I would put up my Pasta Jambalaya against any pasta dish, and it has both. It just costs too much to make.

Lots of good eats again, lots of seafood up in here too!

So here's meh teazer- it involves seafood :lol: - squid ink pasta was seriously in my head awhile ago/as soon as I knew this was a pasta deal. I guess cuttlefish ink pasta will have to do instead... Gonna make my meal later tonight or for breakfast tomorrow depending on how I feel later on tonight.

Only things missin' from this pic is some blue fin tuna I have lurkin' on hand and whatever pepper I decide to use. The avo wuz a late interloper in the pic, my buddy has a tree that's goin off and not sure if I'm using it or not. Prob will...

IMG_5204.jpg

edit- ingredients not in pic- salt, caribbean red hab, bluefin tuna steak

Interesting! Not sure how the ginger is fitting in yet, and what... no peppers??

NoVa Hothead said:
I love crispy prosciutto...

Boooo why ruin a ham that too a year to cure? Boooooo lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back