contest Pasta Throwdown BEGIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't decide just yet Paul. It's almost time to fire up the JayT kitchen for some Maestri Pastai... Stozzapreti with sauteed chile spiced shrimp and scallops, langastinos, and a tarragon cream sauce.

JayT said:
Don't decide just yet Paul. It's almost time to fire up the JayT kitchen for some Maestri Pastai... Stozzapreti with sauteed chile spiced shrimp and scallops, langastinos, and a tarragon cream sauce.

:shocked:

Man, I be satisfied just eating the sentence you just typed!!

I must confess that for a long time pasta orientated dishes were far from my top ten....only angel hairs and lotsa toppings.....ALL of these dishes with the seafoods and chickens and creamy sauce and heat look AMAZING!!!! even the thicker pastas look delicious!!! choosing this one will be extraordinarily difficult....even all of the presentations are fantastic. This is the third throwdown thread I've followed and without a doubt the most mouth watering!

This is going to be my take on an Italian dish called Strozzapreti Canocchie.

100_0319.jpg

A little history:

Strozzapreti originates from the Italian city of Romagna. Literally it means Priest Chockers (or Chokers). Legend has it that the women of the city would make this for the priest. This didn't make their husbands happy and they would wish the priest would choke on it. It is often accompanied with a ragout of sorts, but I also found a recipe which calls for a Canocchie sauce which is made with shrimp and cherry tomatoes. I am adapting my recipe from this.

So far this Throwdown looks exceptionally good and loaded with tons of tough competition.

As Cappy has said about being Italian.........well, I am finding this Throwdown hard to sit out. My Italian blood has been stirred and I am finding that I must submit and entry.

You have all been forewarned. :D

Chocolate Lasagna with Cherry and Cayenne Coulis and Sauce Anglaise

Layers of fresh made chocolate pasta, Frangelico chocolate mousse, cherry and chilli coulis and finished with sauce Anglaise.

Something different :)

P4050449.jpg

It's really decadent, but washed down with a frangelico/choc mousse shot it makes me feel better :rofl:
It's not something you could eat too often. There's 1/2 KG of choc in there...

OMFG DTS.. i think you may have just taken out the WIN!!!! i could do some of that RIGHT NOW!!!!! your dessert pasta looks F'n AWESOME!

Here's the prep work, the asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and red bell peppers roasting in the oven:

100_0320.jpg

The shrimp and scallops that have been seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, and ancho and de arbol powders, and then sauteed over high heat for just a minute.

100_0321.jpg

The sauce is bacon grease, butter, finely chopped red onion, jalapeno, fatalii, mushrooms, garlic, white wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper, fresh tarragon, parmesan cheese and at the last minute I decided to add some shredded gouda.

100_0322.jpg

JayT said:
Here's the prep work, the asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and red bell peppers roasting in the oven:

100_0320.jpg

The shrimp and scallops that have been seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, and ancho and de arbol powders, and then sauteed over high heat for just a minute.

100_0321.jpg

The sauce is bacon grease, butter, finely chopped red onion, jalapeno, fatalii, mushrooms, garlic, white wine, lemon juice, salt, pepper, fresh tarragon, parmesan cheese and at the last minute I decided to add some shredded gouda.

100_0322.jpg

This looks wonderful so far, Jay!!! (just remember the total razzing I got from everyone for mixing asparagus with shrimp!!!) I think it's awesome!!!

Very nice DTS. Very original and decadent. I was picturing all those flavors and eating that, they seem to go together well but I was wanting a crunch in there, maybe from some roasted hazelnuts.

JayT's Strozzapreti with Chile Spiced Shrimp and Scallops, Spring Vegetables and a Tarragon Cream Sauce

Ingredients:

Stozzapreti
Wild Gulf Shrimp
Dry Sea Scallops
Langostinos
The shrimp and scallops were seasoned with salt, pepper, and ancho and de arbol powders then sauteed.

Vegetables:

Asparagus
Cherry Tomatoes
Red Bell Pepper
These were roasted in the oven with olive oil salt and pepper

Sauce:

Red Onion
Jalapeno
Fatalii
Mushrooms
Garlic
Tarragon