• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Patio Peppers Growing in Edison, NJ

i had a bit of flower dropping at home and even offsite, but nothing awful.

And a bit of an announcement!
Those mystery pods up there? Anyone who can guess the ripe color will get a packet of their seeds (if anyone wants em)! Get your guesses in. :)

fineexampl said:
i had a bit of flower dropping at home and even offsite, but nothing awful.

And a bit of an announcement!
Those mystery pods up there? Anyone who can guess the ripe color will get a packet of their seeds (if anyone wants em)! Get your guesses in. :)

RED :)

just gave the first foliar feeding. epsom salts with a couple drops of the fish/seaweed for good measure. some stuff didn't look green enough at home.

noticed something today. i think the mystery plant at my offsite garden might be NOT a bhut after all. It might be a scotch bonnet. my "scotch bonnet" here at home looks suspiciously like a bhut jolokia. :)

carol, the scotch bonnet would be yellow. check above pics for the weird squiggly peppers i'm referring to. They're not something i planted purposely, but alas i am bogged down with this abundance of peppers that are SOOOOO useless to me. (kidding) If you still want to vote yellow, that's fine. :)

The peppers at the Jersey markets are picking up well. Saw some orange, red habs, red finger hots, etc. Gotta love early harvests. Stopped at a farm market/nursery and they had a TON of late season seedlings LOADED with nice pods of ALL types from apache to rainbow colored ornamentals. Wish i needed some more plants, but my hands are full with what i have.

masquerade
IMG_0820.jpg

fish pepper? must have interbred with something.
IMG_0822.jpg

fatalii
IMG_0823.jpg

black pearl
IMG_0825.jpg

Sum fine work Fine. Lots more than peppers there. Lovin' it! And seeing the color of NJ dirt on a summer's day... priceless. Had grandparents in Westfield. Loved visiting the area.

SumOfMyBits said:
Sum fine work Fine. Lots more than peppers there. Lovin' it! And seeing the color of NJ dirt on a summer's day... priceless. Had grandparents in Westfield. Loved visiting the area.
i'm doing my best to make this dirt outside more fertile. so much so that a few of the plants are growing roots out the drainage holes into the ground. the dirt out there used to be dry and dusty, but not so much anymore.

good looking polants fine and they look like they are going to produce a bunch for you...hope you have fun with them...

Thanks fellas. And yeah, i'm getting the touch. Light years better than last year, so next year should be even better.

I visited my offsite plants just to check progress. BIG excitement as everything is fruiting. Loads of huge fatalii and it looks like my scotch bonnets are coming in as well as some habs. The bell peppers are getting big and i think i even have mini-sweets. The full sun is doing wonder for these guys. Tiny plants, but LOADS of pods. I took a handful of nearly ripened pods. Ate one whole and it was quite bitter, but would be good in many dishes. Had a kind of thai flavor. Also have some jalapeno looking pods, but we'll see.

And it looks like Silver Surfer will need a pack of seeds. The mystery pods are red. This complicates things as i'm more stumped as to what they are.

Today was a very good chilenerd day. A ton of excitement and delicious hot sauces are on the horizon. :)

Back