• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Patrick's Grow Log

patrick said:
SS I'm not much of a drinker any more but I would like to sit down and have a beer or two with you. 7th piglet on a six titted hog. Thanks for quoting Beth's description too, reminds me of why I got into these, "Hot with a citrus smoke heat and aroma." Oh my.:)

Sure, drop on by next time you're in my neck of the woods and we'll chew the fat. No rent required. ;)

patrick said:
I'm still going to be cautious with the fatalii though, yours and AJ's idea of not hot and mine is probably just a tad different.

There's only one way to find out, root hog or die. :lol:

boutros said:
Cool! I might have to take you up on that. I'll look around here for something to reciprocate with and shoot you a pm later on.

No worries on the pay back. I noticed a couple of them starting to turn colors this evening so hopefully it won't be too long.

Silver_Surfer said:
Sure, drop on by next time you're in my neck of the woods and we'll chew the fat. No rent required. ;)

There's only one way to find out, root hog or die. :lol:

I may take you up on that SS, I'm a fat chewing SOB. I guess it's time to root.

I'm a picture taking machine lately. Just so many changes going on that I want to document. Hope nobody minds.

Today's theme is color change and we're going to start off with Bhut Jolokia.

Some of these have skipped the orange step and gone right on to red. This one also had a great tan on the top 20% of it. Tan and red equals brownish.

IMG_6250re.jpg

Another B. Jolokia from the same plant that added a bit of red to the orange step.

IMG_6252re.jpg

Trinidad Congo going over to the red side. These things are huge. This is one of the peppers that I love powdered. Add some to a ham/cheese/mushroom omelet and you're one step away from heaven.

IMG_6256re.jpg

Adalberto hab getting ripe. Got two of these and I'm fairly certain they could fill up my 10 tray dehydrator by themselves.

IMG_6259re.jpg

More to come.....

Another B. Jolokia plant with a pepper skipping the orange step. This one is a great example.

IMG_6260re.jpg

That's it for now. Thanks.:)

great lookiong pictures and pods patrick. have you tried one of those brazillian starfish yet those look quite interesting! nice work!

No ripe Starfish yet Nosho but soon hopefully.

This morning I finally picked the one lone pod showing any red on one of my Trinidad Scorpions. Been watching this pod for a long time.

IMG_6265re.jpg

Need to see the tail. The little green end reminds me of Audrey in Little Shop of Horrors. Come on and feed me Seymour!!

IMG_6269re.jpg

Looks like you're having a great year Patrick sure looks like its getting hot around there.

And this chocolate fatalli is gonna look more like a chocolate starfish amirite? :lol:

IMG_6210re.jpg

Silver_Surfer said:
So chomp that sucka, tail end first. :D

Oh yeah, that's going to happen real soon--not! It isn't that I'm afraid to eat one. It's that I'm effing afraid to eat one. After watching what happens to folks after they chew on a superhot there is no way in hades I'm going to do it. Unless I start drinking again.:P

I love that freaking chocolate fatalii that looks nothing like a chocolate fatalii. For some reason I've always been attracted to the weird things.

Picked a few pods today. I don't think any of my plants are going to give me a 100+ pods but I'm confident I'm going to get enough to get me and a few friends through the winter. We should have several flavors to choose from too.

Starting at the top and going from left to right. Trinidad Scorpion cross with what I don't know, Cumari ou Passrinho, Red Savina, Yellow Hab, Cachucha, second row--Inca Berry, Bhut Jolokia, Adalberto Habs, Red Caribbean, bottom row--Cajamarca(?), Aji Limon, Bishops Crown, and Trinidad Congo.

IMG_6370are.jpg

Close up of the Trinidad Scorpion cross. Haven't tried it yet but will. I do like the look of it though.

IMG_6364re.jpg

See ya next time.:)

Back