• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Patrick's Grow Log

RJC said:
I've got three Bhuts with lots of pods that look nothing like your Bhut pods. I would have to say yours are the real deal. I've been thinking the past few weeks mine are not Bhuts. Very disappointed as my seeds came from a known online seed company folks are familiar with on this forum. Even the Naga from the same company is looking like these unknown pods.

What company?

No worries RJ.

My Bhut Jolokia seeds came from the CPI out of NMSU. Each plant came from a seed out of their packets. Not saying they can't make mistakes but I have six BJ's growing that all look exactly the same.

If yours aren't the real ones let me know and I'll be happy to share some of mine with you. Just let me know.

Now I believe I have some more pics to post.:)

Welcome back!
Nice looking plants! I don't think the pod is ripe yet, and would give it more time. How are the Red Savinas doing?
How are your T babies doing?

Thanks for the welcome back ORN. I think I'll follow your advice and let the Champions go for a bit.

The red savinas are doing very well. The two cuttings are in dirt and growing just fine. They do have aphids that I cannot get rid of. I've done every thing possible to get rid of the green SOB's but they keep coming back. I may end up planting them in a far corner of my yard..

The plant I took the cuttings from is doing marvelous.

IMG_6059re.jpg

Here's a closer look at some of the pods.

IMG_6162re.jpg

One more picture to add to the freak show. This is a conjoined twin Chocolate Scotch Bonnet. Ain't it cool!?

IMG_6171re.jpg

Those are some fine looking plants, Patrick. Fantastic Freak pod!

(We should start a thread called 'Get your Freak Pod on' to post freak pods...:P)

Okay, lookin at Trinidad scorpion peppers made me feel aaaalllll tingly inside.:rolleyes:

Don't even know what they taste like and I want to grow them!

Thanks, Pat, ya got me hooked on somethin else. I'm gonna go out and start counting how many decent pots I got and figure out where to put them next year.

Is there a newbie thread around here somewhere, that will tell me all this stuff about the soil I should put them in? and this nitrogen stuff-feeding the peppers-I got about a gazillion stupid questions now, going to have to study to figure out how to do this. sounds scary. I'm excited!:onfire:

Look what I found this morning. My first ripe pods!! Bummer I don't know what kind they are. This is from the plant that I thought was a chocolate hab but the tail on the bottom and the color kind of ended that.

They are resting on my new pepper motif doo rag that is now part of my official pepper picking attire.

IMG_6182re.jpg

NICE!!!! I've got a chocolate hab cross going too patrick. If yours are anything like mine, they'll bring the heat in spades. I'm 99% sure my cross is with Fatalii, and the pods are ripening to a deep reddish orange. Insides have the thin placenta like a Fatalii, but are CAKED with Cap resins. I took pics, and will post a few in the cross thread I started.

Do let us know how those puppies taste! They certainly don't look like they'll be mild! :onfire:

Good news is one of the Trinidad Scorpion pods finally ripened for me. Obvious cross. I got the seeds from a member hear. Still looks damn hot.

IMG_6196re.jpg

Here's the not so good news. There is some type of unknown multiple leg critter in my plants. I cut the pepper up to see what was on the inside and found nothing odd.

IMG_6197re.jpg

Must have liked this side much better.

IMG_6200re.jpg

Any ideas?

Slugs eh? I don't think I've ever seen a slug around here. Doesn't mean they aren't. Thanks MillWM, now I know what I'm hunting.

Back