• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Patrick's Grow Log

Thanks for the kind words folks.

I am having a ball right now with my plants. I go out every morning, pull up my chair and start going through them, looking for ripe ones, new ones, bugs, signs of new growth, signs of trouble, doing regular maintenance and just being around them. I look back on the eight months of work I've done and each time I pluck a pod it just makes it all worth while. I'm already jonesing for next season, got me some great seeds to work with.

Here's another pic of what I collected the past two days. I am absolutely loving this.

IMG_6409re.jpg

Thanks for putting up with me.:lol:

The bigger Bhuts are coming off of a second year plant, I'm going to try and keep this one going through this winter too.

The Fatalii is a monster. The seeds were "Fatalii Hybrid" and came from Peppermania. When you compare the peppers to a regular Fatalii they just dwarf them. I'll let you know how they taste.

I haven't eaten a 7 Pot but I did wheeze a little ju-uice from one. The finger didn't burn very bad so it fooled me and for about 10 minutes I contemplated chopping the offending finger off. Teach the rest of them not to do that! The idea of eating an entire one is totally absurd.

I plan on powdering a lot of them, do the AJ concentrate thing with some, experiment with some hot sauce and this year I want to make a BBQ sauce. I'm going to have some fun creating stuff.

Can't believe I went two weeks without posting a picture or two.

Here's a two day harvest.

IMG_6562are.jpg

I'm getting bummed because the season here is beginning to wind down and I'm not ready for it to end. Neither are a couple of the plants. I have one Red Savina bush that has to have over 500 new pods on it. Never seen anything like it.

IMG_6567rcre.jpg

It's over three feet tall, counting the pot and at it's widest almost 30 inches. Very dense. I overwintered this last year and will try again this year.

IMG_6568cre.jpg

This is one of my favorite peppers and plants.

Killer Bhuts Patrick. That pepper and peach habs are the only seeds that didn't grow true in my garden this year. I'm very jealous! Nice pods!

Patrick...when is your first frost?....as you know I am just coming into the major harvest time for me....October...

out of the pods you picked, which ones were your favorite...

First frost is around the middle of October AJ. Farmers Almanac says October 12th for us this year. I've got about a month for them to get some grow on. I'm thinking about removing over half of the pods, see if that will help.

Favorite would be tough. Always been a big fan of Red Savina although last year the Trinidad Congo made a run at number one. I haven't worked up the cajones to try the T. scorp/7 pot yet. I've also got a Foodarama Scotch Bonnet that has it's first pod just about ripe. Ain't this pepper thing a ball!

Back