• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Patrick's Grow Log

Thanks all.

Fivestar yep, that's a Cappy 7 Pot. When I'm around it I get all excited and tingly and stuff. :cool:

I absolutely love the fact that I've got all these different peppers. Going to be a sampling fool this year, hopefully. I'll know better what to grow more of next year.:)

Great grow Patrick, and thanks for posting pics.

How are you deciding to place stakes? Is it a wind thing for your region? I ask cause we get wind here, but nothing major. I'm also noticing that my Tequila Sunrise are kind of lanky plants, I think I might need to stake those. Just wondering if you're using any kind of criteria to determine whether or not to stake. Like, Tequila Sunrise as a rule of thumb should be staked. I'm guessing that, but I have never read it or anything...

Diablo,

I had a lot of leggy plants that had problems standing up on their own without any wind. Knowing how the wind blows here, everyday at least 5-10mph, I staked just about every plant. Most of them with small 12 inch wooden skewers used for kabobs. They're hard to see in the pics. After being outside for about two weeks most of them were strong enough to remove the skewers.

The ones with the longer bamboo stakes were pretty tall to begin with and wouldn't have stood a chance outside without some type of support.

I don't think it really matters which side you put the stake, with or against the wind. I think I'd place the stake on the side the wind is coming from. With pots it isn't that big of a deal as you can always spin the pot.

Good luck.

Fine plants patrick, good to hear you and most of your plants survived the storm/flood.

It's a shame to see such fine sippin whiskey watered down like that. :)

Plants look great, hope your weather improves. Very impressive list of peppers, great variety.

patrick said:
Diablo,

I had a lot of leggy plants that had problems standing up on their own without any wind. Knowing how the wind blows here, everyday at least 5-10mph, I staked just about every plant. Most of them with small 12 inch wooden skewers used for kabobs. They're hard to see in the pics. After being outside for about two weeks most of them were strong enough to remove the skewers.

The ones with the longer bamboo stakes were pretty tall to begin with and wouldn't have stood a chance outside without some type of support.

I don't think it really matters which side you put the stake, with or against the wind. I think I'd place the stake on the side the wind is coming from. With pots it isn't that big of a deal as you can always spin the pot.

Good luck.

Thanks dude. I'll wait to see how much they are bugged by the wind. Maybe they'll toughen up. They've always been outdoors.

Brian, I'm embarrassed to say I never got any of your seeds in the ground. :oops::oops::oops: How long do they take to produce ripe pods? If it's less than 90 days I've still got time.

Patrick, your plants are really nice. How tall is that lemon drop? Great variety! You must have a huge garden area. How many plants are you growing?

Patrick the lemon looks great how tall is that! You certainly have alot of peppers on the way my firend, good luck to you!!!

I was in town last weekend at the in-laws and believe every word of the storm damage. That said you've got some great looking plants going there.

PrairieChilihead said:
Patrick, your plants are really nice. How tall is that lemon drop? Great variety! You must have a huge garden area. How many plants are you growing?

Thanks PC. The Lemon Drop is pushing three and a half feet right now. Starting to show lots of little pods too. I've been pinching them but I'm thinking that is about to stop.

Not a huge garden area at all. Double wide driveway and lots of places to put pots! The soil here is all clay and without a lot of work and money it won't grow squat so I'm sticking with pots for now. I'm down to the mid 80's plant wise as I've been sharing the wealth and doing some trading with folks that I've met here.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Anyone know a sun dance? Haven't seen it since last Saturday.

Everythings looking good man !! Those storms sucked ass. I was lucky though and didn't get any hail and I hear ya on the sun. We're about do on that !!

I was out checking plants and came across this little fellow, an Asian Ladybug larvae, and I couldn't be happier.

IMG_5359re.jpg

I love the spot it chose to guard too, Red Savina pods. I'm taking this one out for a beer later once it's shift is over and the next shift comes on.

patrick said:
I was out checking plants and came across this little fellow, an Asian Ladybug larvae, and I couldn't be happier.

I love the spot it chose to guard too, Red Savina pods. I'm taking this one out for a beer later once it's shift is over and the next shift comes on.

Got to love natural balance ! :cool:..

Have the real lemon seeds germ`ed ?

Back