• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2020

BDASPNY said:
you always have such beautiful plants.  I love the way you train/prune some of them.
Thanks, Scott, wish I could take the credit, but that is
mostly what’s left after the ‘Attack of the Aphids’ and
the poor growing conditions in first half of June  :rofl:
Looks like  we’ll have lots of bushy plants if they get
their grow on.

Really hoping for some accelerated growth in the next
4-6 weeks with lots of pod setting so we get ripe pods
in the Fall  :pray:  

Tybo said:
I really like the "blue" tint on the blue ghost and yaki blue fawn leaves.  Have you tasted these peppers before?  Sorry if I missed you talking about them somewhere.
Those are both new to me this season, Ty,
but I like what I see so far. All the purple
varieties should really darken up this month
with lots of nice weather in the long range
forecast!

The Peruvian Red Rocoto is getting a nice shape:
A745714C-CD17-47DE-AD26-AFAA48D0C85B.jpeg

The only pod is almost there, just a hint of orange left:
09C44E05-EC9D-4E9A-A799-112CFE099A09.jpeg

CaneDog said:
Paul, you must have hit that magic time because it looks like things are noticeably bigger on a daily basis!  In particular, your rocotos look to be just exploding!

Maybe the July sun will lighten up those F8 White's the rest of the way, too!
I noticed the same thing in your grow log, CD.
Your plants are looking really good! Amazing
what a little sun and warmer nights can do!

PaulG said:
Thanks, Scott, wish I could take the credit, but that is
mostly what’s left after the ‘Attack of the Aphids’ and
the poor growing conditions in first half of June  :rofl:
Looks like  we’ll have lots of bushy plants if they get
their grow on.

Really hoping for some accelerated growth in the next
4-6 weeks with lots of pod setting so we get ripe pods
in the Fall  :pray:  

Those are both new to me this season, Ty,
but I like what I see so far. All the purple
varieties should really darken up this month
with lots of nice weather in the long range
forecast!

despite the aphid attack those plants look to be thriving in the face of it.   I wanna see those tiny starts on the stem reach out and show off. :cool:

PaulG said:
Have had more triple forks than usual this season.

Haskorea:
attachicon.gif
D2B7E5B2-AC19-4D01-9C51-7068BC9B104D.jpeg

Piment de Espelette:
attachicon.gif
93A8F05A-BFF9-4C78-9D6B-A3D3236A345A.jpeg
Wow! So this IS where the professionals hang out. :clap: I'm always afraid to randomly enter the glogosphere, for fear that I'll be overwhelmed and discouraged immediately. Yes, it happened......but I can't leave here.
Great stuff, Paul!
And about the triple-fork/trifoliates this season: I had FIVE this year, myself. At least 5. Hook would show, then 3 baby leaves. Normally one, maybe two plants. But YOU TOO?

That Piment d'Espelette is rockin' and beautiful!!!!!! The one I'm growing looks just like yours. (I thought it WAS my pic for a second. Same black pot. Lol
KWma05r.jpg

Back-left is Espelette. You can see the pods better. The front is Pasilla de Oaxaca and back-right is ShoreRider's Big Blue tomato
LVzthWd.jpg

Have you tried Espelettes, yet? I'm wondering (Tonie's wondering) how the heat is. Prickly, I'm sure.......but level of heat.

Wow, Paul. You really do execute fabulous results!!!!!

Paul just caught up on your grow, again, great stuff. Plants looking great after the aphids and your Rocotos are rocking and rolling! Also you should write the book on pepper pruning, seriously and step and step guide pinned to the top of the growing section would be a nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up just outside London. Had my fair share of grey and not missing it one bit. Commuting to work in London where a 15 minute walk from the bus stop where the grey gets you wet even though it isn't raining - no thanks. Did that for years and never again.

Peppergator said:
Paul just caught up on your grow, again, great stuff. Plants looking great after the aphids and your Rocotos are rocking and rolling! Also you should write the book on pepper pruning, seriously and step and step guide pinned to the top of the growing section would be a nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are very kind, PG. Really counting on
nice Summer and Fall seasons to bring
in the pods.

Bhuter said:
Have you tried Espelettes, yet? I'm wondering (Tonie's wondering) how the heat is. Prickly, I'm sure.......but level of heat.

Wow, Paul. You really do execute fabulous results!!!!!
Thanks, Adam. Sometimes I get lucky!

Haven’t tried the Espellette yet. Looking
forward to it ripening up a bit.

PaulG said:
Tatiana Yellow Rocoto, seed from CaneDog,
starting to color up a bit:
attachicon.gif
CD94B08D-619B-4E7E-936D-F6A8EC306570.jpeg
Woohoo, color! Nicely done, hopefully flavor will be as good as expected! All in all, plants are looking fantastic Paul, and hopefully the June suck is a thing of the past now that we've reached July! Goin' to be swimming in pods soon enough I'm sure!

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Back