• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2020

Paul, I assume that Ajicito is a Dulcè type pepper, is that right? She's beautiful. I'm really interested to see what the pod shape/color turns out to be. I absolutely love seasoning peppers and think they're the most underrated peppers out there. I ended up really light on them this year though as I thought I had started ~25 Trinadad Perfumes but somehow there was a mixup in my seeds and instead they turned out to be a mystery Baccatum.

PepperFish said:
Paul, I assume that Ajicito is a Dulcè type pepper, is that right? She's beautiful. I'm really interested to see what the pod shape/color turns out to be. I absolutely love seasoning peppers and think they're the most underrated peppers out there. I ended up really light on them this year though as I thought I had started ~25 Trinadad Perfumes but somehow there was a mixup in my seeds and instead they turned out to be a mystery Baccatum.
From what Glen has said, the heat is mild-medium.
(Of course, he likes the super-hots, so that may be fireball for me  :mouthonfire: )

One of the most widely used in Panama, along with
Chombo, I think. Grows everywhere. I get the impression
it is pretty mild, given the widespread use. Glen says big
heat peppers aren't really that much used there. Maybe
he'll chime in here.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out here.

Twenty five baccatums. That can't be all bad!

Three Trippaul Threat v 2 F3. These are a bit
stunted, so are together in a ten-gallon nursery
pot. Just growing out five of these to see pod
variation in this second run-out of Tristen’s cross.
52691B8D-5BFE-4AC9-9DD5-8F5E8FAC8126.jpeg

Yellow 7 Pot, seed from bpiela, runty early pods:
142E6242-50C1-4B34-B7DD-DCF97B0D37B0.jpeg

duckling.jpg

Putapario Red c. chacoense - Argentina, seed from CaneDog:
6499572A-CC41-4F25-A0F9-E229558690EA.jpeg

Has that chacoense elongated pod phenotype.

USDA c. cardenasii getting really bushy and
pods maturing to a nice size for a wild:
EC3A8F83-A5EA-4923-B52A-B1B54D2A3B62.jpeg

PaulG said:
From what Glen has said, the heat is mild-medium.
(Of course, he likes the super-hots, so that may be fireball for me  :mouthonfire: )

One of the most widely used in Panama, along with
Chombo, I think. Grows everywhere. I get the impression
it is pretty mild, given the widespread use. Glen says big
heat peppers aren't really that much used there. Maybe
he'll chime in here.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they turn out here.

Twenty five baccatums. That can't be all bad!
That's really exciting. You have several varieties I am really interested in trying. You've got me already thinking about next year and its hard to keep from getting ahead of myself.

I am growing 4 chinenses that were given to me labeled Yellow Aji Dulce. It'll be neat to see if they are at all similar to that Ajicito.

You're right I absolutely love the fruity medium heat Baccatums and any extra are welcome. I've got 114 total with 5 known varieties and two mysteries. 3 of them came up randomly in a flat of annuums and 24 were supposed to be Trinidad Perfumes. Of the 24 only one has really started to show pods and it's looking like Fantasy/Bishop's Crown type which is AOK with me. Aji White Fantasies are one of my all time favorites.

Those Haskorea's look interesting as well. I wonder what the size of those will be relative to Aleppos. I love seeing what you're doing. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

podz said:
Where'd you get those mini cages, Paul? Sorry for being short, burn wound still in recovery.
There are pretty much standard issue in
any garden store in the US, Mika. They
come in several sizes and are usually
sold as ‘tomato cages’. Galvanized and
coated/painted varieties available.

I hope your burned hand is recovering.
Is Ace taking good care of you?

Didn't realise they came in a mini version. Cool.

Thumb is still packaged up but yesterday dr said it's recovering nicely (skin starting to regrow from under the burn). Regaining full grip / mobility might take up to a year due to new skin tightness.

Yep, Ace is growing like a weed now and he has a super-sweet personality (as must bull-types do if properly raised). Trying to get some photos soon.

Back