• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2020

PaulG said:
A bit off topic, but haven’t shown the ‘bonsai’
pine trees for quite awhile. The first two are
Japanese Black Pine, and the third Is a Himalayan
Pine:
attachicon.gif
3F1CB0C3-8579-4202-8C33-E3FEE6136B65.jpeg

attachicon.gif
E6F07E9A-5933-40B8-866A-4FEB6C113AC8.jpeg

attachicon.gif
79074CEF-0973-470F-BE97-CC4DACE25C67.jpeg
Great work, do you trim
Needles or are they naturally smaller? I’ve played with bonsai a bit, but nowhere near your level. Did a few cypress (sadly the tree died), olives, jaboticaba, and buttonwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peppergator said:
Great work, do you trim
Needles or are they naturally smaller? I’ve played with bonsai a bit, but nowhere near your level. Did a few cypress (sadly the tree died), olives, jaboticaba, and buttonwood.
I don't trim the needles, just too much to think about.
These plants are about 30-40 inches tall (I haven't measured
them.) the Black Pine needles have gotten shorter as the 
trees mature, the Himalayan somewhat so.

Sorry to interrupt your most wounderous bonsai discussion, Mr. Miyagi, but I have news to report:

This is the Aji Limarillo grown from the Peruvian Aji Amarillo seed you sent me 4 years ago.

20200705_122505.jpg

...I think we can safely conclude that I was not crazy when I said that there were Aji Limo seeds mixed in.

20200705_122658.jpg

Of course there's no definite proof till pods are produced, but these are most definitely not Bacaatum blossoms, agreed? I am about as positive as I can be that this plant is Aji Limo. There surely would not be a 3rd variety involved....?

...and you WILL be receiving seed, as promised...

stettoman said:
Sorry to interrupt your most wounderous bonsai discussion, Mr. Miyagi, but I have news to report:

This is the Aji Limarillo grown from the Peruvian Aji Amarillo seed you sent me 4 years ago.

attachicon.gif
20200705_122505.jpg

...I think we can safely conclude that I was not crazy when I said that there were Aji Limo seeds mixed in.

attachicon.gif
20200705_122658.jpg

Of course there's no definite proof till pods are produced, but these are most definitely not Bacaatum blossoms, agreed? I am about as positive as I can be that this plant is Aji Limo. There surely would not be a 3rd variety involved....?

...and you WILL be receiving seed, as promised...
The plant seems to have a baccatum-like growth
habit, Eric. But the flower...?

Never thought of you as crazy, buddy  :crazy:

Add the Yellow Mushroom pepper
to the list of triple forks:
90C7A1D2-7E29-41E0-9918-BD20D649C9B6.jpeg

Tough to picture these. The wild is a c. chacoense
Putapario with white flowers. The tall purple is a
Pimenta de Neyde x Bhut Jolokia sent to me as
a seedling by Dragon49 in May of 2019. Overwintered
and grew out two nice branches that were lost in a
windstorm. Just now starting to flower:
6EC2E8FD-35F9-45C5-B415-9329D4434694.jpeg

Late again
duckling.jpg

PaulG said:
Tatiana Yellow Rocoto, seed from CaneDog,
starting to color up a bit:
attachicon.gif
CD94B08D-619B-4E7E-936D-F6A8EC306570.jpeg
What a beautiful pepper! Have you tried it before? I have a weakness for yellow/orange peppers, Maybe I should try this next year if you could recommend it?

I keep getting envy everytime I visit (which is almost daily) your glog. Im looking forward to the day I have that much space  :P

PaulG said:
The plant seems to have a baccatum-like growth
habit, Eric. But the flower...?

Never thought of you as crazy, buddy  :crazy:

Yeah, I noticed the growth pattern as well, right up to the blossom nodes: 2-per, compact flower bud, then the very Chinense-ish petite bloom, sans "fern" pattern on the petals.

And as far as I remember, I was the only one who thought I was crazy...just covering my bases... :eek:

Hi Paul..now catching up with your glog...glad the universal pest issue has been taken care of & the plants have bounced back
nicely.Garden looks great ....wilds on a roll...and the bonsai plants caught my eye...great to see how they have done..nice.
Con't success as we move further into the warmer weather. ;)

BDASPNY said:
that's the plan! 

im hoping for all white pods again like last year.
With all those plants, I'm thinking at least some will
be white, but I'm afraid to predict anymore!

CaneDog said:
Good to see Dragon49's cross made it over winter!  I'd wondered if you'd lost it when the aphids attacked.
The PdN x BJ was the source of the aphid
problem in my indoor grow this Winter/Spring.
That was a double-edged sword. It is still the
slowest growing plant I have ever seen. I was
really bummed when the first new branches
got blown off   :rofl:  Really hoping for at least
one pod so I can get some seeds from this one.

Mildfruit said:
What a beautiful pepper! Have you tried it before? I have a weakness for yellow/orange peppers, Maybe I should try this next year if you could recommend it?

I keep getting envy everytime I visit (which is almost daily) your glog. Im looking forward to the day I have that much space  :P
The Tatiana is a new one for me.
Select seeds courtesy of Dr. McDog.

Here's a good thought for you having
more space to grow peppers, my friend  :cheers:

wiriwiri said:
Hi Paul..now catching up with your glog...glad the universal pest issue has been taken care of & the plants have bounced back
nicely.Garden looks great ....wilds on a roll...and the bonsai plants caught my eye...great to see how they have done..nice.
Con't success as we move further in the warmer weather. ;)
Glad you stopped by, Sandy. I hope you
are weathering the covid-19 situation. Can't
be easy for you, I imagine. I really enjoyed
your Grow Log update - your plants are look-
ing terrific!

:cheers:  to a great season finale going forward!

PtMD989 said:
Hey Mr. Paul,
How’s your Zapotec peppers looking,eh. Mine from your seed ,you sent me via Big Devv are producing pods, they look good[emoji106][emoji16].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Zap suffered from the aphid attack and
June Suck. July hasn't even been all that great,
weather-wise. But I have high hopes going
forward  -   :pray:  or   :crazy: , not sure which.

The Zap is just starting to flower a little.
Still really scrawny.

We hopefully are on the mend here r/t CV cases....many were/are upset,but the Governor stepped up to the plate &
he gets a lot of credit....ah,can't please everyone...you know people will do as they want,no masks no social distancing, & then spread their
germs ... no respect for other humans..really bothers me..that some people are so stupid...can't fix stupid...so I don't try.

But we have moved on & are cautiously optimistic...& hope people will do the right thing & stay home if they test +.

Common sense not too common these days. :D
:cheers:  Cheers Paul,stay well.

Either you are lucking out again or you actually know what your doing. Either way, those plants look great and they are putting on a ton of growth.

Back