• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

PaulG 2020

First ripe pod on the Yellow Pequin:
E6447474-C2E6-4E87-8845-BA86C02AE4E3.jpeg

My last post was on page 46, so I had some catching up to do  :P
WOW! 
I feel like I've seen 1000 peppers in the last 30minutes. The variegated jalapeños are so stunning, how are they doing? Seems like a really fun variety to grow. 
I tried to start  San Pedro Orange earlier this year, but the plant was rather weak compared to my other rocoto Costa Rica red, so I ended up discarding it. Im thinking of trying again next year with the SPO. How was it? Would you recommend it? 

Also what's the story behind the Trippaul Threat? I see multiple Fx in various colors and im guessing by the name that you are the creator. Really interesting pepper! 
Some day Paul, im gonna match the amount of peppers you grow, just you wait and see!  ;)

stettoman said:
And this is the Fargo ND 7 day "forecast". 

attachicon.gif
9-28-20 7day.jpg

We're actually about 50 miles NE, those mid-30 lows later in the week will be hard frost where I am.
I think that the current weather has pretty much shut down any growth progress the plants in the garden 
might have had, so if I can navigate the drizzle and the muck I should go ahead and harvest what's out there:
A LOT of green chiles that I plan to make a green chile powder with, three plants full of Antep Aci Dolma,
undersized and green, a number of The Darlin' Brides demanded Bells, about 10,000 of Uncle Eccoli's
Aji Limo (baccatum), and a very few Aji Oros. There are a few Haskorea, Aleppo and Aji Arnaucho out there
as well, no doubt I'll be grabbing all that as well.

I'm going to have to check on how tomatillos handle a frost...There's only so much room to store this much produce.

The container queens will of course come into the garage, that Aji Amarillo has what looks like 30+ nice 4-5 inch pods, all green.
Last year it took the Aji Amarillo into January/February to begin ripening...

...let the great panic harvesting begin!
Sounds like exciting things in your pepper future,
Eric! Fall weather still looks about two weeks away
here, according to the Accuweather forecast. Letting
pods ripen up on the plants so we can get some good
harvests in before cool and damp weather  moves in.

Have fun getting the OW part of your season underway!

Mildfruit said:
My last post was on page 46, so I had some catching up to do  :P
WOW! 
I feel like I've seen 1000 peppers in the last 30minutes. The variegated jalapeños are so stunning, how are they doing? Seems like a really fun variety to grow. 
The Variegated Jalapeño came from Catchthebear.
A part of a commercial grow he was working on.
Very unique pods, for sure.

I tried to start  San Pedro Orange earlier this year, but the plant was rather weak compared to my other rocoto Costa Rica red, so I ended up discarding it. Im thinking of trying again next year with the SPO. How was it? Would you recommend it? 
Haven’t had a chance to try it, yet. Only six pods
on the plant, and none starting to ripen, yet.

Also what's the story behind the Trippaul Threat? I see multiple Fx in various colors and im guessing by the name that you are the creator. Really interesting pepper! 
Some day Paul, im gonna match the amount of peppers you grow, just you wait and see!  ;)
The Trippaul Threat is a Trippaul cross from 2012 or
2013. This is the F8 season, so the idea is to see how
stable it is across the community grow. The goal is
purple foliage and pods ripening to white.

Wondering how close to ripe these Sugar Rush Cream
pods are. Really hard to get a pic that shows the true color:
AF897492-1482-4456-89D3-0D95A516BEFD.jpeg

When I first glanced at this pic, I thought the pod
was a double exposure:
B699D06C-78EE-40EC-B09D-9A262FBFF418.jpeg

Peruvian Red Rocoto.

Things are looking Paul.  I really like all of those yella pods!  I read earlier in your glog that the 7 Pot Yellow is probably your favorite.  I have purchased some of those seeds for next seasons grow and am curious what makes it your favorite.
Anyway, hope you keep getting a good harvest.

internationalfish said:
Wow, wrapping up nicely indeed! those Yellow Mama and Bonda Mahala look particularly amazing. :)
Thanks, ‘Fish. Glad to see a bit of nice weather
to save the season this year. The Bonda Mahala 
is a Yellow 7 x Bonda Ma Jacques.

Tybo said:
Things are looking Paul.  I really like all of those yella pods!  I read earlier in your glog that the 7 Pot Yellow is probably your favorite.  I have purchased some of those seeds for next seasons grow and am curious what makes it your favorite.
Anyway, hope you keep getting a good harvest.
Hey, Tybo. I think you will like the Yellow 7. It is
righteously hot, but not Ghost Pepper hot. I used
to cut the big pods into pieces and put them on
the last side of a steak on the bbq. Imparts great
flavor to the meat and makes your ears ring!

Looks like two more weeks of dry weather and a
bit of sun, so we may have a strong finish to the 
season!

Back