• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

Got two more packages today. One from my brother wayright. He know's I have a soft spot for pure Douglah powder and threw in some TFM Bonnett powder too. You rock my man. One day i hope to make powder as good as yours 

photo_zps79eebbe1.jpg

And another from my man Mike Barleypop57. He also know's I have a soft spot for his spicy jerky and he threw in some aged sauasgae as well. 

photo_zpsa70fe12c.jpg

Thank you fellas I see fresh peppers in your future  :fireball:

I also got two more packages today. One from Kevin:  Douglah powder some TFM Bonnett powder too.  He also sent some brown and black mustard seed that he picked up at the local farmers market - many thanks Kevin.  The mustard seed will eventually come back at you!

P1040430.JPG

Second one from my friend John.  An outstanding assorted box of chiles.  Already had one of the Rocotos - wonderful chile!  Can't wait to continue sampling these.  Many thanks!

P1040429.JPG

These guys rock!

Received the sfrb I purchased from romy6 today. Absolutely stuffed full of awesome looking pods. Got a few new one's in their for me, already tried the Birgit's locoto and Peruvian serlano. Delicious! Yellow primo's and jonah's, douglah, sepia serpent and the giant not yellow naga are also new to me, but thinking I may have to wait until my weekend off this weekend to try them lol. 
20131106_144938.jpg

Thank you romy6! Pepper people rock!

Idiot Piquant said:
Ordered some smoked powder from Sicman. 
Now, these take a lot of work and are worth every bit of $10/oz. 

He coulda sent them in an envelope, but nah.  Not Sicman. 

The man sends a SFRB full of peppers and powder.

Love those Scorpions, Sicman!  

That Bhut-Scorpion powder may be the hottest I've ever tasted!  Wow! 

Pepper People are the Best! 

:cheers:

Not one to remain complacent, Sir Sic ups the ante. 

Again, going above and beyond by sending his wonderful smokey powder packed in a SFRB full of fresh peppers. 
He even found room for a bag of dried scorpions along with everything else. 

That pecan smoke sure is unique.  A nice counterpoint to all the fruit wood smoke out there! 

Seriously, folks, if you haven't tried Sicman's powders you are missing out! 

Thank you, Team Sic!!! 

:cheers:

Ordered some mixed powder (red bhut/choco had with sea salt and garlic)  - and by the way, it's outstanding.  Not only did I get more than I ordered of the powder, but my friend Jason also packed the SFRB with fresh pods, some dried TScropions, and a full ounce of choco hab/jalapeno powder.  Camera is on the fritz or I would post some pic.  Thanks to sicman!

MeatHead1313 said:
Received the sfrb I purchased from romy6 today. Absolutely stuffed full of awesome looking pods. Got a few new one's in their for me, already tried the Birgit's locoto and Peruvian serlano. Delicious! Yellow primo's and jonah's, douglah, sepia serpent and the giant not yellow naga are also new to me, but thinking I may have to wait until my weekend off this weekend to try them lol. 
20131106_144938.jpg

Thank you romy6! Pepper people rock!
I grabbed one of these too! Wasn't expecting the powder but it sure did perfume the box wonderfully.

Had a sepia serpent in my scrambled eggs this morning, a yellow primo that I sliced up with quiche for lunch, and I was really healthy for dinner and made some queso with a chopped up Jonah. Planning on a brown hot sauce with brown 7s and Douglahs and a white 7 and pear preserve/jam.

You all are amazing! I love this site, and the friendly environment. On other forums I frequent (not peppers), there is a lot of bickering. On here, it's like we all want each other to spread the love! I have gotten a few free seeds from you folks, and some powder/flakes from bakers. I cannot express how grateful I am. I spent a ton of cash this past year buying seeds from vendors, and only had a few plants to show for the over $100 I spent. I went ahead and bought a few established plants at a local nursery (lucky we have superhots here in suburban Detroit). I can't wait until next year! This thread brings smiles to me, and I hope it all continues for everyone involved! -Mike

BTW...This is my first year growing anything other than jalapeno, and I did ok with my plants. Temps weren't great here in Michigan, but I am happy with what I grew. (except for the frost came a bit early!)

I'm still trying to get enough guts to make sauce. I have requests from family and friends, but the last time I made sauce (from store bought habs) it wasn't all that tasty. I'm going to try again, though! 

Darthpepper said:
I'll do a proper thank you later but I thought I'd do a quick teaser. I'm sure more than one of you will recognize this box...

null_zps6eee9ee1.jpg
So, hey! Remember this? Well here's what was inside. Thanks Buddy for an awesome package!

Sriracha
Vodka habanero mustard
Naga purée
Pineapple BBQ sauce
Smoked douglah purée
Habanero mustard hot sauce
Smoked yellow 7 pot raspberry jelly

null_zps24a63b13.jpg

We haven't tried it all yet, but what we have is great. Thank you so much! Anyone who has gotten one of these packages is quite lucky.

Pepper people rock, and Buddy, you are one of the best.

Husker21 said:
I grabbed one of these too! Wasn't expecting the powder but it sure did perfume the box wonderfully.

Had a sepia serpent in my scrambled eggs this morning, a yellow primo that I sliced up with quiche for lunch, and I was really healthy for dinner and made some queso with a chopped up Jonah. Planning on a brown hot sauce with brown 7s and Douglahs and a white 7 and pear preserve/jam.
Tried a whole yellow Primo after work. Delicious! The white 7/pear preserve has me intrigued. I'm not a fan of pears, but it has me wondering about other fruits that would go well with it. I love lychee's, and have a feeling they would match the white 7's really well. Can't find them fresh around here, but might have a try with some canned and hope it turns out good.

MeatHead1313 said:
Tried a whole yellow Primo after work. Delicious! The white 7/pear preserve has me intrigued. I'm not a fan of pears, but it has me wondering about other fruits that would go well with it. I love lychee's, and have a feeling they would match the white 7's really well. Can't find them fresh around here, but might have a try with some canned and hope it turns out good.
Lychee sounds awesome! The man reason I am thinking pear is the similarity in color. I have done peach with yellow 7 pot and moruga scorpion and raspberry. Both are real nice. The raspberry one has killer heat.

P-Son you are the best cracker!!  :fireball:
I was totally surprised when I got these today brother!!

Beautiful pods John! and you know my favorites!!  :cool:

Some of the Yellow Bouquet already went into some eggs!  :P

Kevin

Back