• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper People are the Best

Made some wings (naked) . . .  used Jamie's sauce (one of the best that I've ever had).  Classic.

DSC_0440.JPG

A few weeks ago, Alden Miller posted on here that he had made some reaper/orange marmalade. I've never tried making marmalade before and have been wanting to try it, so I asked him for his recipe. In typical THP member style, he sent me a jar of it (even though it was in limited supply) along with a bottle of his "Two Times" hot sauce (effing delicious stuff!). Sadly, instead of delivering the marmalade, USPS delivered an apology for smashing it.  :rolleyes:
     I told him of their mishap and he told me he'd make it right. Oh boy, did he! I just found a huge box of awesome on the porch! Ghost/garlic dill pickles, orange/ghost/reaper marmalade (intact  :clap: thanks, USPS ), strawberry/ghost jam, another bottle of Two Times, and (here's the kicker) a jar of key lime/reaper marmalade - made with fresh key limes! 
     Thaks, Alden! (I can't wait to try this stuff. And send you a few jars of my own creations :hell: . Muahahahah! )

edit: I had to try a quick spoonful of the reaper/key lime marmalade before my wife and I leave for her mom's place for thanksgiving. Holy crap is that good stuff! Way to go, Alden. You nailed it! Plus, it's too hot for my wife so it's all MINE!

jcw10tc said:
Found some goodies delivered to my house a few days ago also.  Thanks Grant (oldsalty).  I have tried all the sauces already, all are very good.  Looks like I better break open the corn relish soon.    
IMG_20151103_165919909_zpsp41i152p.jpg
a mom

Hahaha! Grant sent me a box of the same. I've been meaning to log in and post something for too long; presence of mind and a moment's free time have finally coincided. I was shocked at how good it was. No offense to Grant, but I had no idea he could throw down in the kitchen quite like that. And I can say this - the pictures of the corn relish don't begin to do it justice. I never would have expected so much flavor.

romy6 said:

I wish I could claim that sauce T but it was from a friend Rick aka Bhut Camp . The guy makes a mean sauce . 
Boy, doesn't he though?
oldsalty said:
Feeling kinda blue today. Then the mail comes and once again saved by my friend's at THP!!!
 I know just what you mean, man. As you know, I've been having kind of a rough time and the day your box arrived was particularly bad. Amazing how a little thing like a box in the mail can snap you out of it. Don't know if you saw the back of that bottle of vino, but there's some good advice on there. Hope you and H have a really good holiday, Grant. You deserve it.

Well Christmas came early, I was lucky enough to win a cleaning house seed giveaway by jcw10tc, Justin. The package came today, lots of excitement for the 2016 grow, many many thanks to him for his amazing generosity. He also included some powders in the package that are just wonderful, so flavorful and complex. Thanks so very much Justin, these powders are remarkable!

That's beautiful color in those powers.  First time I've seen a Bolsa de Dulce powder.  That should be delicious.  ajijoe did us all quite the favor when he developed those!

FreeportBum said:
No pics but  a shout out to wayright (kevin) for some awesome seed and peanut butter bonnet powder, amazing stuff. Thank you sir! 
peanut butter bonnet powder sounds very interesting. what have you tried it on and can you describe the taste, thx

fiogga said:
Well Christmas came early, I was lucky enough to win a cleaning house seed giveaway by jcw10tc, Justin. The package came today, lots of excitement for the 2016 grow, many many thanks to him for his amazing generosity. He also included some powders in the package that are just wonderful, so flavorful and complex. Thanks so very much Justin, these powders are remarkable!

. Niiiice. Hadn't thought of smoking with whiskey or bourbon chips before, will have to do a batch of Bhuts with it

First I want to thank all my Friends here for there concern!! No better group of people anywhere THANK YOU thank you thank you thank you thank you!! :) :) :) y'all really are fantastic friends!!!

Now for one of the best Wicked Mike!! This Brother has unbelievable timing!!! I recently wrote Mike to ask to buy some specialty peppers to try a new ferment. I also wanted to purchase some passion fruit.
Right after I wrote I had to go into the hospital again!! :( So I asked Heather to check on my order. She told me she hadn't heard from Mike as of yet. So I get realised from the VA and get home feeling kind of down just so tired of all of this BS!!
I wake in the morning and a package is at my door. MIKE you crazy bastard!! Hahaha man talk about a pleasant surprise!! Instantly put me in a great place!! Seeing that giant box of love and then getting on THP and seeing all the nice messages of concern what can I say!! IT'S GREAT TO BE HOME!!! :)

Thank You again Brother Mike, you are to kind!! :) and these peppers are absolutely amazing!!! Made me smile and laugh hope this makes y'all chuckle my pepper brothers and sisters!! Cheers
IMG_20151205_135210_hdr.jpg

I am lucky enough to call Justin my friend. AKA jcw10tc. You know the guy always giving and never asking for anything in return . Same guy that has master grow skills and makes some of the best powder east of the Mississippi . Justin you truly are one of the most gracious persons I have never met :) 

Thank you bro 

IMG_5196.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

The powders go great with some crock pot stew . U da man 

IMG_5198.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Super stoked to receive jellies/preserves etc from HM01 today!

7e38b192987a2c85d0cebf3360e4a44b.jpg

Some I plan to use to rack some saison to for secondary fermentation, making the two tall-boy's of mulberry that he biggie-sized as a bonus of sorts, extra helpful ;)

He also send me an extra black raspberry, which also rocks, because one of the others I'd planned on gifting ...

Thanks, man ... PPATB!

Extra fun, though ... came w/ a bene ;)

1526fcfc2e5b0710aa7cec3193ea4744.jpg

4649c0f7f13720b45491ea0a06d4f8a7.jpg

a3446754807b2a42a5f2941de4af546e.jpg

c1958cb18faf98757ea7ffb926211092.jpg

;)

Back