• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

7f8369f4-708f-47b2-8d66-535893a77863_zpsa647b253.jpg

this would be joe he is a Madagascar hissing cockroach he enjoys long walks on the beach, politics, and sitting down for a nice relaxing dinner of leaves and monkey chow.

I love the weather here, but I don't have much to do. Today I cracked open a coconut I found in someone's throw away brush pile and ate it for lunch... Yuki was begging like crazy for it... I've never seen her want something that bad. 

That pup does look like Bacio, but he looks bigger... Bacio is so skinny and lanky.  I call Bacio a Labrynees heh.  

Nightshade said:
7f8369f4-708f-47b2-8d66-535893a77863_zpsa647b253.jpg

this would be joe he is a Madagascar hissing cockroach he enjoys long walks on the beach, politics, and sitting down for a nice relaxing dinner of leaves and monkey chow.
joe rules!!    enjoys long walks on the beach :rofl:

Nightshade:  I read that Madagascar hissing cockroachs can be somewhat affectionate toward the one that feeds them......is this true?  

Rawkstah:   Interesting (about the coconut)........yeah, Jack was a little thicker, but Bacio is a little taller.  Well, the offer is always open for you to come up, so when the boredom becomes to much...........  

Lady Sic said:
Nightshade:  I read that Madagascar hissing cockroachs can be somewhat affectionate toward the one that feeds them......is this true?  
 I have found joe to be calmer but they are kind of scared whenever you first grab them but if you hold them for a minute or two and rub them they calm down. They are very interesting little pets great for small spaces such as an office or such very hardy too will eat whatever can survive a couple weeks without food or water but mine never go a day without either cheap too cost me about 5bucks for the cage, him, and food for a year. The males can be more vocal than the females I have found but I like that. I also like the males better because they have the horns. I highly recommend them as a pet for kids, adults, teachers, teens and anybody else.

I had 3 dogs.  The one I posted in this blog (my little princess Tasha) died about 2 years ago, and Felix my little buddy, died of heart failure 2 months ago. I
have one left Oscar (weiner dog) he is 14 and mostly sleeps..When he is gone, I will take a doggie break….Next time I seriously want to look into rescuing a
dog, which I have never done.  There are so many of them out there that need good homes.

Awwwe, I'm sorry to hear that Roper about Felix and Tasha...its always hard to lose a pet, Oscar sounds adorable, have you posted a picture of him. Old neighbors of ours used to have a weiner dog named Gus, he was trouble ;), always eating anything and everything, including one day a bag of flour! :rofl:...not funny at the time though.

roper2008 said:
There are so many of them out there that need good homes.
True, and cats too...

Thinking about cats... 
2 month and half ago i was in car and i saw a little cat in the road side.
Here in Italy streets are very narrow and we use cars a lot. That cat was in the worst place possible: relatively narrow street but with lots of cars, 1 river per side (no escape ways), not even sidewalk... It would even be dangerous for bikes...
Someone is just cruel. I'm not a fanatic animalist but... Why abandon them?
I just picked her up, then some days after i gave her to an animal association. Really, if i'd arrived 30s later she would have died...
She should have been 2 months old, she was little.
Lol i wanted keep her, but after 1 dog and 3 cats (1 foundling and 1 kept because no home was found...) it would have been hard.

1231393_522503421157910_1886736716_n.jpg

Here the 2 male cats of my home...
They do good life, no work, food ready, they sleep in a deserted room or in garage, they can leave home when they want... They live better than us! :D

iOkGJAbyS9xYY.jpg

Thanks Penny.  Oscar is my avatar at tomatoville.  He's a chubby boy and I'm surprised he is "the last of the mohicans" as my brother always says.

Essegi, those are some pretty cats you have there.  I went to petsmart 3 weeks ago and  looked at the cats they had for adoption.  Boy, there were
just as big as my chubby daschund.  Very beautiful cats, and the one I really liked look very similar to your cat on the left.   I've never owned a cat
before.  Maybe one day, but oscar doesn't like cats.  So that's out for now.

Back