• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Pet picture thread!

hogleg said:
I'm so sorry for your loss, Mo.   :mope:

He was a beautiful kitteh

Godspeed, Dammit

The Hot Pepper said:
RIP Dammit. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks, guys. :cheers:   She was a really good cat. Her loyalty rivaled that of any dog I ever knew.

texas blues said:
There's something in my eye again.

Jesus Christ.

Me too. :tear:     And don't bother bringing her the mousey toy. She'll be more than happy to make sure you have one every night. 

When my wife and I (and Dammit and Sarin) moved into our last house, Sarin (big baby) was really scared the first few nights we spent there. We all slept on the floor in the bedroom because our movers hadn't gotten there yet. Sarin kept getting up to cry and wander the hallway looking for her old home. Every time she left the bedroom and started meowing, Dammit would get up to "herd" her back into the bedroom by head-butting her and quietly trilling at her to calm her down. Now Sarin is wandering the apartment looking for her buddy. Just fucking heartbreaking.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:

Thanks, guys. :cheers:   She was a really good cat. Her loyalty rivaled that of any dog I ever knew.

Me too. :tear:     And don't bother bringing her the mousey toy. She'll be more than happy to make sure you have one every night. 

When my wife and I (and Dammit and Sarin) moved into our last house, Sarin (big baby) was really scared the first few nights we spent there. We all slept on the floor in the bedroom because our movers hadn't gotten there yet. Sarin kept getting up to cry and wander the hallway looking for her old home. Every time she left the bedroom and started meowing, Dammit would get up to "herd" her back into the bedroom by head-butting her and quietly trilling at her to calm her down. Now Sarin is wandering the apartment looking for her buddy. Just f**king heartbreaking.

I am so sorry.

I know how it felt for me to lose MissyLou.

They are never pets.

They are family.

God bless.

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
hVsXU2P.jpg

Goodbye, Dammit.
Sorry for the loss. Get well.

Okay.

I've stopped crying.

For now.

My dear sweet God created all 'thangs.

The earth.

The dinosaurs. 

The Wolf.

The Lobo.

Canis lupus.

Which God made dog.

The Feline.

The Tiger.

The Saber Toothed Cat.

And the house cat.

He made dogs and cats.

And then made us.

Adam and Eve.

Who cheated on Him.

And then Cain killed Abel.

Some theologians believe that God created Man because he was lonely

He wanted someone to love.

And love Him back.

I reckon..but....

My dear sweet God.

Should have called it quits at dogs and cats.

Because human beings.

Were we ever worth it?

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
hVsXU2P.jpg

Goodbye, Dammit.

Sorry for your loss mate. As has been said already, they are family members first and foremost and it hurts no less because they are animals. Luckily you will have memories that you can cherish forever. RIP Dammit.

Losing a pet is a bitch! I had an 80lb white Sheppard cremated for the wife just to help her get over the grief of losing a family member. We had him for 9 years and I swear he understood what you were saying. Sometimes I only had to look at him when he was doing something wrong and he knew. We had many beers, drinks, shots, crawfish boils  and bbq's together, his favorite was steak. Of course he lived inside but had the run of the property. He was trained not to beg or even look at us eating at the table, he would lay across the room and glance to see if we were done eating. After we ate he knew he was getting all the leftovers he could eat. That was a deal we had together and everyone couldn't believe how well behaved he was. 

I think losing a pet is harder than losing a family member. You know your pet will be there every day waiting for you to come home and always makes you give them attention and love. Even if you had a shitty day it brings you back to reality and then you realize the important things in life.

Now I inherited a little shitbag, I mean shitzu and he's learning but not as smart as a sheppard.

I still spoil him and he eats like the family.

I came here to ask if everyone feeds their pets like me, all table food because he won't eat the 5 different bags of dogfood I bought.
He had a pork night, going clockwise it was a spiral cut ham I cooked today, bbq pulled pork from today, rib jambalaya and left over pork country style ribs.
He didn't finish the rice in the jambalaya
100_2141.JPG

Now he's passed out and tired from guarding the yard from a opossum most of the day. He thinks he's a badass!!
100_2142.JPG

Back