• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

I suck. Plus I don't know what the heck I'm doing 15/16 of the time. This what I will do, For each photo TD, we should start a new thread with the theme in the title. Just like the food TDs. That will make it easier to track and declare a winner. We can do a poll and such.

So if y'all don't mind starting over... That will make it a whole lot easier. Sound good? I might need to get thru this weekend (NWCF) before I can set it up.

Sorry everyone for my big fat FAIL.

Congtats to Prod for the win! :cheers:

I suck. Plus I don't know what the heck I'm doing 15/16 of the time. This what I will do, For each photo TD, we should start a new thread with the theme in the title. Just like the food TDs. That will make it easier to track and declare a winner. We can do a poll and such.

So if y'all don't mind starting over... That will make it a whole lot easier. Sound good? I might need to get thru this weekend (NWCF) before I can set it up.

Sorry everyone for my big fat FAIL.

Congtats to Prod for the win! :cheers:

You are a lovable creature!

Figured you and juju were building a mudbrick kiln for the pie throwdown.

Does anyone mind starting over with 'Pets' again?

Or shoot some ideas out here within the next few days before I set it up.

New threads??? More to follow???? How about a title change so when we click MY Content or see it in the list we will see Photo Album - Pet Shots/Bug Macros/Furry Arms/Nudes/.........get the idea? Change it when the new month comes and problem solved.

Joyner - what? do you have a praying mantis farm or something????

You get the COOLEST shots of those amazing creatures!!!! Awesome!!!!!! :)

I'd watch out Joiner, that Mantis is flippin his gang signs.

Here's a shot of the Texas Creek Fire (left) and the Gold Creek Fire (right).
Yes the same Texas Creek SalsaLady lives on.
The 80+ WA fires were all started Saturday night from the 1200+ lightning strikes that hit.
Taken on Monday..
file-72.jpg

file-71.jpg

file-70.jpg

Today the wind shifted and blew it all Up-Valley.
Very Smokey here on the valley floor, but makes for nice Smoke/Sunset pictures.
file-73.jpg

file-74.jpg

file-75.jpg

This is what a Plume looks like. This is the Gold Creek fire that has been burning since Saturday.
When a forest fire plumes it's is very dangerous. Basically, the forest just blew up.
There are evacuated houses up there, and firefighters. I hope the firefighters got out of there when this started.

All of these pictures were taken within 5 minutes.

file-83.jpg

file-84.jpg

file-85.jpg

file-86.jpg

file-87.jpg

file-88.jpg

file-89.jpg

file-90.jpg

file-91.jpg

file-92.jpg

Gold Creek fire a couple days ago
0dbec5a8.jpg

Gold Creek at night-
6cbd1c56.jpg

Texas Creek at night-
b2c664c4.jpg

It's been really smoky for about 3 days. John and I botrh had headaches and were conjested yesterday from the smoke. Today, it cleared out a bit, but it's socking in again now.

The water trucks have been filling up at the fire hall, about a block away from our house. We've been passing them and waving at them at the fire hall and also as they drive by the house.

Today, I pulled over to the fire hall as one of the tankers was filling up.

(sorry, a little out of sequence, but, they have an incident base camp set up about 4 miles south of Twisp with the food facilities, shower trucks, and fields of tents.) [sub](shoot! I need to get a picture of that!!!! TOMORROW!)[/sub]

Anyway, I asked if the driver was staying at the base camp and he said he was, so I handed him a box of Texas Creek stuff to put out on the dining tables. They are our heros of the day. This isn't the first time they've been in our are, and won't be the last. We all have a huge gratitude for what they do to protect us.

Back