• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

Black Mamba and Garter Snakes here ...

Bug it's really a dragonfly
1jug0p.jpg

Banana spider, another bug lol
2wncmye.jpg

Chris I can't compete, lol that lens & gear you have just kicks ass mon ... very very nice :) Edit: and the man behind your cam is no slouch, great work!

Certainly not great shots below, but both on the same river, with nature just around the bend behind buildings. First one is feeble attempt at HDR & muted color with the limitations of gear and the second nature shot was just luck being in the right place, lol.

dmtstz.jpg

bfqnic.jpg

Good stuff man, practice...practice and more practice. I have only really been shooting for last 3 years. I want to take some real courses. I have about 7 - 10 friends that take pictures for a living. That last dragonfly I was hand holding camera and that was with a Canon t1i if I recall. I use a monopod when shooting birds and tripod on most insects. I dig the reflection shots.

I dig this time of year in my yard for bird pics!

6453879993_4d29bc827c_b.jpg

... I dig this time of year in my yard for bird pics!

I have a few pro friends too and what they do is amazing, I don't have the hard core photography drive but kinda know what I'm doing at times, lol. I prefer to just go out and have fun with it. Sometimes I'll go weeks without shooting anything and other times I get the bug to keep on it ...

I know these aren’t great pictures, since I don’t have a nice telephoto lens for my digital only old school 35 which I rarely use these days. I was happy to discover this nesting Yellow Crowned Night Heron mom & 4 babies along our river next door very small vacant lot. I have mo of the babies growing so I'll post along the way in thread ...

30u7ll4.jpg

143dlr5.jpg

2vta5gz.jpg

261fejb.jpg

Some of the point and shoot cams take great shots, I've had some good results w our little cheapo canon ... cept no RAW on it :/

Is it cropped from a larger photo? Just looking at the Brokeh being almost horizontal lines across the photo, DOF wouldn't do that.

It's a great photo I'm not saying it's not :)

Once again I got a new wallpaper from some shots I see here and the dragonfly got me thinking about my shutterbug days. Started digging and found many I could share along with a metric sh!t ton of memories that made a simpler search through discs into a 1.5 hour event.

So here a nice little one from a visit years ago to the local butterfly house

DSC00734.jpg

And here are some of a dragonfly that landed on a neighbors screen 4 houses down. I got the branch and he climbed on for the walk down to my house and inside waited patiently while I set up the background. After his shoot I took him outside and as soon he we got ut the door he was off. Celebrities never want to stick around and chat after a shoot. Oi!

DSC00765.jpg

DSC00777.jpg

DSC00771.jpg

DSC00775.jpg

Baby yellow crested night herons getting bigger and venturing out of the nest crawling around the tree, flight school should come soon :rolleyes:

29atlyt.jpg

14b0zt5.jpg

34655rs.jpg

2mnf81t.jpg

Thanks man. Call me Scovie.
We definitely have all four seasons here, snowmobile, ski, snowshoe in winter
Motor cycle, mountain bike, hike, horse back, (or horseshoes LOL),
and float the river in the summer when it hits 105°

YES YES YES!!!!!! Scov thats what I am talking about. I love your winter pics of Methow!!! We have pretty snow here too but most of ours gets distrubed by @$$holes who want to use their suped up jeeps, toyotas and such to muck everything up so our snow turns to muddy slush by mid-day....... Jerks!!!!!! Anywho keep shootin please :)

Back