• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

No, not really. I have been fascinated by snakes longer than I've been a chilehead. I kept venomous for the past 25 years, but sadly had to give it up due to legislation being enacted. Hard for those who do not understand, but it was one of the worst days in my life. Like a big chunk being ripped out of your soul.

Oh, I believe it. I have always been terrified of snakes. My mom did a number on me as a kid so I wouldn't bring them in the house. I think they are beautiful, I just don't want to step on one in the wild.

No, not really. I have been fascinated by snakes longer than I've been a chilehead. I kept venomous for the past 25 years, but sadly had to give it up due to legislation being enacted. Hard for those who do not understand, but it was one of the worst days in my life. Like a big chunk being ripped out of your soul.
Had snakes once upon a time. I hope to get back into the game eventually.

I love hunting camp. This is out over the Little Juniata under the high power lines. Saw a 500-600LB. black bear right here 3 years ago. was glad to be on a 4 wheeler that day.

DSC00927.jpg

In case visitors doubt that some hunting goes on here
DSC00958.jpg

Someone gave notice
DSC00960.jpg

CA, Those orchards this time of the year are beautiful. Springtime is a close second, even with the smell of the blossoms.

Prod, That's an awesome photo, I don't know what you're talkin about! Putting your hand behind it was brilliant, it really shows what's going on with that wasp. He's huge!

Here's some pic's I snapped at our one and only grocery store, (within 8 miles).

1c0c88f5.jpg

163a9d9f.jpg

08ec06f7.jpg

04c33b51.jpg

28598885.jpg

46aa0f0d.jpg

Pr0d is that wasp twisted weird???
Those are ovipositors. Laying eggs in grubs inside that rotting log. Never knew how many parasitic wasps we had in pa. They have been introducing more the last couple of years for the stink bug infestation. Animal warfare if you will.

Ok I said I would post a favorite view of my most favorite landscape in Washington so here it is. Sorry it was overcast and all my pictures are from my cell phone.
IMG_20111201_140127.jpg

This picture is a view of Mt. Rainier taken on my way home today yes driving taking pictures.

HH81BH! Shame on you! You know you're not supposed to be talking, texting, ......um...wait a minute....

What's that ad? "talk, text = TICKET" Well, they didn't say anything about a pregnant mom taking pics with her phone while driving, so I guess I guess you're off the hook! (But, DON'T DO IT AGAIN! [end strict mom voice] )

And Omri finally admits he likes kitties~~~

Scovie- maybe next time try to get a picture of the lion without "baby food, diapers, and sanitary napkins" at the tip of his tale. Just does something to the whole masculinity of the picture. (pssst-editphoto is your friend!!!!)
:lol:

Chileaddict, NatGeo quality!

Some more black and whites I took and developed in a darkroom that I like.
Hey Seth, nice photos,

"Developed in a darkroom".............thats a blast from the past....... :cool:

A few years back I donated my Omega D2-V 4x5 enlarger, to a girl's high school. They still had a photo journalism class that also

taught light funamentals, camera skills, so forth. I couldn't even sell it......ha. I still have a 4x5 Speed Graphic, a few Blads, my 35mm Nikons.

Some day I'll get the digital Nikon that I want......its a bit pricey right
now...

Greg

Hey Seth, nice photos,

"Developed in a darkroom".............thats a blast from the past....... :cool:

A few years back I donated my Omega D2-V 4x5 enlarger, to a girl's high school. They still had a photo journalism class that also

taught light funamentals, camera skills, so forth. I couldn't even sell it......ha. I still have a 4x5 Speed Graphic, a few Blads, my 35mm Nikons.

Some day I'll get the digital Nikon that I want......its a bit pricey right
now...

Greg

Thanks man. I was fortunate enough to get to go to a school that still developed in a darkroom. I was enamored. Made a bunch of photograms too. I loved it. The smells of the chemicals, fumbling around in the dark trying to spool your film, all of it. I am really glad I got to be a part of that.

Back