• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

Very rainy day today in the Seattle area. I wanted to see clear skies, so I pulled this up. Taken a few years ago from the west side.

Screenshot2011-11-22at55523PM.png

That is one of the best shots of Seattle I have ever seen, and I grew up there. It's funny seeing the Bank of California building and Seafirst building, dwarfed. As a kid we used to say the Seafirst building was the box that the space needle came in.

On a different note, CA, the Lemon drops you left with us did taste a little "soapy" hmmm I wonder why? We ate one last night, and chopped up the other one this AM and put it in Hollandaise Sauce for eggs benny. Triple yum!
Thanks again for leaving all those goodies!

CA, my little "goodies" are heading to the job with salsadude tomorrow......More Noobies! WOOT!

That is a great Seattle shot.

Thank you Salsalady for sending over goodies :) and another thank you to Chileaddict for bringing them to this side of the mountains for us. Love my Texas Creek Salsa!!!!!!

I do love the picture of Seattle. To those of you on here that don't live in Washington its a trip. We have massive mountains and a beautiful coastline as well as a huge chunk of flat tundra. All of which have good and bad points but for the most part we are lucky. No major earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes. Anyway I love Washington I am very much born and raised here. Weather permitted I am going to try and get a picture of one of my favorite Washington sites tomorrow.

. No major earthquakes,
uuuhhhmmmmm-
I beg to differ on one small point-

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsus/Quakes/uw11181309.php

Glad you got your goods. ENJOY! Thanks, CA, for the Delivery Service!

And what could your most favorite picture of Washington be? HHHmmmmm.... I'll be waiting patiently to see what it is.

All the Best~

COOL

can you get a pic from under the ice cicles looking up at them? Not right now obviously...unless your flash works really good, which would be even more cool.....

Shu Dev you could do so much more regarding taste in pics, like be expert!
That icicle pick leads me to believe i am in fact frozen. Good shit bro very good!

Oh wow, amazing pics!
Luckily it doesn't get that cold here. :lol:

It's actually near 20c now and should hit the 20 mark in a couple of hours. night temps are near 12c. it's a cold winter indeed. :lol:

Wow! Is that on a fault line?

Allegheny Mountains... No fault line, a lot of limestone in this area. Looks like you guys have mountains in your area. We have a lot of them too but they are covered in conifers and deciduous trees. The only good pics you can get are from the interior. Carvings in these caves from the 1820s. Very neat to see. The graffiti that is in them I can do without.

Yeah the limestone throughout this states makes for some fun but somewhat hairy cave exploring. Some unfortunately too modernized young people have been lost for a day or two because they started off thinking GPS worked in caves. I have come across the graffiti and also marks from explorers. Only the one is handy.

Here are a couple of my faves that I already have on Flickr... I have a bunch more on a hard drive somewhere. When I find them, I'll contribute more.

The first is me taking pictures in Ithaca, NY. My wife took a picture of me taking pictures...

This is one of my favorite pictures of all time. The whole family took a Disney Cruise to the Bahamas. It was awesome. These are a couple of the kids about midday. Shot black and white on a Canon Rebel and developed by me in a real darkroom.

Back