• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

photography Photo Album

Listening to "...every little thing, gonna be all right..."

2 years ago, this area was ravaged by the Carlton Complex wildfires. 
2014-07-15 20.08.56.jpg

16-7-14 Wed Eve 1.jpg

With another fire season just around the corner, this was our view this evening.  Full double rainbow over Texas Creek.
IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_5322.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

balsam root growing around burned stumps
IMG_5312.JPG

Pictures aren't that great, but the timing was impeccable.

I can just hear that song and imagine sitting on your porch. You have an awesome view! Was it vynil? haha I am hoping for an uneventful fire season. We've had plenty of death and destruction for a good long time. I heard that this winter we had 138% moisture content compared to '96. I hope that helps us somehow.

Yes it was vinyl. I already have my treasure...my family.

It'd been a bit of a rough week, then I got fired from a job I didn't want to do, saw the rainbow, heard the song...yea, it's all OK.

I didn't have enough pictures for a full thread, so I'll just drop one picture here.

Jobsite shenanigans-

The contractor, his employee and my employee did a drop of 9.6 PE on a chip.  They had No Idea what they were in for. Luckily they had sandwiches, apples and water.  :twisted: 

20161012_125021.jpg

They asked me if I was going to do a drop.  HAEL NO!  I make that $h!t, I don't eat it!  :rofl:  That was after they did a drop.  :D

I'm in Panama! I got here last Tuesday and had some business-ish stuff to do, but finally had a chance to sneak off in Panama City.  The company that flew us out here also organized a Panama Canal tour for today.  I haven't had a chance to look at all the photos but here are a couple random shots.

This was snapped outside the local fish market.  I have a pic somewhere of fresh ceviche, and an aji chombo I found here, but I can't locate it at the moment.  This shot was looking across the street to another neighborhood.
MBTO4SW.jpg

This is on the beach outside the hotel.  The water is pretty rocky once you get a few feet in at that spot.  My foot looks like a shark bit it cause I stepped on something I couldn't see underwater. It is all rain forest beyond the beach, sloths can sometimes be seen outside the hotel, but it also means that we're sort of trapped here without a guide.   
ApYbUdA.jpg

This is from the canal trip today.  The guy was like what you don't want a picture of me? All the guys working the canal that we came across were all really friendly. (also it cost  $4000 for the toll just to go through the canal on a tour boat)
8F6Oei3.jpg

These are two pelicans waiting at the end of the lock from fresh water to pacific ocean.  The fresh water fish hit the salt water and die and its easy pickin's for the birdies.  
tf4v61A.jpg

I have tons more.  On my cell phone and on my camera.  It really is a gorgeous country. 

Back